Official Review: A Vanishing Kind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Re: Official Review: A Vanishing Kind

Post by Rayah Raouf »

It is such an important topic to talk/write about. I especially like how you mentioned it's written in simple grammar. This will increase the range of the audience quite a bit. Thank you for a lovely review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

This book will very well educate me on Wildlife conservation techniques. Congrats on BOTD!
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

This sounds like a wonderful and even educational book. John Wamsley sounds like an ambitious man. Conservation is so important. I like to see books that highlight this.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

This memoir intrigues me and I believe it will be a story that I will find enjoyable. Dr John Wamsley was a bit of a Maverick. I appreciated the map at the beginning of the book and I find his story quite fascinating. The piece about the Weet-bix made me smile, because I could relate to that. Thanks for the excellent review which further encourages me to read the rest of the story.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Thanks for the great review! This book sounds like an informative biography with information on wildlife. It would be interesting to read about wildlife in Australia as I have always had a desire to visit there.
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

The educative nature of this book is actually what attracts me to it. Thank you for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Gracereadsbooks79
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gracereadsbooks79 »

sounds like an amazing Biography of the development of a wildlife preserve and a man who was called to action.
mlh6fn
Currently Reading: Stay Gold
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mlh6fn.html
Latest Review: I Am Unstoppable by Charmaine Marie

Post by mlh6fn »

I'm glad there are people like John fighting for nature conservation and I'm curious how he battled regulatory obstacles thrown at him from the government. Thanks for the review!
enna_idEsrun
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enna-idesrun.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by enna_idEsrun »

This autobiography about wildlife preservation and conservation sounds like it promises to be a satisfying read. Curious to read about John Wamsley's journey to save native plants and animals from extinction. I absolutely will be adding this one to my shelves. Thanks for your great review!
Mooya Kaula
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mooya Kaula »

The conversation about wildlife sounds good to read. And am glad to know that there are people like John who fight to protect nature, animals and its habitat.
Gbemisola Akinremi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Gbemisola Akinremi »

My husband would find this book interesting as he's a wildlife lover. As for me, I'll pass on this. A well highlighted review.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

I commend any soul who would work so tirelessly to keep native plants and animals safe from extinction.🦘
I also love the thought of relevant pictures appearing throughout this book! I look forward to checking this one out. Lovely review!
monicamu
Currently Reading: Wings Over Ghost Creek
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monicamu.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by monicamu »

Sadly, there are too few stories like this. One can only hope that this provides inspiration to others to follow similar paths, however difficult that may be. A definite must-read' for me.
BreeAnn Whittaker 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by BreeAnn Whittaker 4 »

This is what the world does with those that are on the verge of extinction and people go out of they're way to make sure that certain plants and animals don't go out of extinction. This book shows how to withstand anything to protect whatever it is that people are protecting.
CJJENA
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by CJJENA »

Our native animals were fast disappearing pre-Walmsley and today they stand a chance. And here it is in a fascinating series of discussion with John, recounted by author, Steven Davey. Single handed he worked to change official thinking and the laws on feral cat control. Congrats for BOTD.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”