Official Review: Is It Only Racism by Mr. Mario Paul

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jachike Samuelson
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 91
Currently Reading: Of Zots & Xoodles
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jachike-samuelson.html
Latest Review: Feats of Truth by KB Wells Jr

Official Review: Is It Only Racism by Mr. Mario Paul

Post by Jachike Samuelson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Is It Only Racism" by Mr. Mario Paul.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

George Floyd's death raised a lot of controversy surrounding the age-long issue of racism. Is racism the only problem here, though, or are there powers that many know nothing about, working to fulfill a much grander plan beyond a race war? Is It Only Racism by Mario Paul is an exposé on the circumstances relating to Floyd's death and the root cause of racism. It is a book for the American populace. In this short book, the author sensitizes Americans about the real agenda and power dynamics behind racism. Are there people responsible for racism? What is the motive behind their manipulations? What do they stand to gain? The book answers all these questions.

From the beginning of the book, it was apparent that the author is not a Trump fan. He had a lot to say concerning the current politics of the country and its connection to racism. Mario piqued my interest at the beginning of the book with a conspiracy-themed letter and held it till the end. This short book read more like an account of the author's personal opinion on the topic of racism. Although I did not entirely agree with all his views, I saw some sense in quite a few.

Paul exonerated the police force from the issue of perpetuating racism, especially those associated with Floyd's death. I can imagine that his leaning on this issue may not go down well with millions of Americans, especially those in minority groups. He seems to say about the police force, "Take out the bad eggs in the basket, not the entire basket." The author also said some stuff that hinted at conspiracy theories about the Illuminati. He introduced this idea on the first page, but it wasn't developed.

The author provided references to other similar books to fully understand the concepts he introduced. This book also contained some quotes that I really loved. The quotes were my favorite part of the book. What I disliked most was the plethora of grammatical errors I found in such a short book. It was not professionally edited.

Generally, the book was a good read, although I think it could use a little more work. For one, the author could have been a bit more explanatory concerning slavery and why America's founding fathers did not address it. He referred to a book expounding on the topic, but I would have loved to read about his in-depth thoughts on the issue. I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. This is due to the grammatical errors and the fact that it lacked sufficient depth for a book treating such a sensitive issue. I would recommend this book to every American who sees the need for a dialogue about racism, no matter their leanings on the subject.

Is It Only Racism
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”