Official Review: Profiles in Kindness by Paul E. Kotz

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: Profiles in Kindness by Paul E. Kotz

Official Review: Profiles in Kindness by Paul E. Kotz

Post by Mindi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Profiles in Kindness" by Paul E. Kotz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is not every day that simple acts of kindness visibly appear in the chaos of our world. Unfortunately, it is human nature to notice the messiness and destruction of the world around us. However, in Paul E. Kotz's book, Profiles in Kindness, the reader will see examples of the powerful, yet quiet ways in which true acts of kindness exist in everyday life.

Profiles in Kindness is a book full of very short stories. As short as each one may be, though, it will leave a lasting impression of the compassion and humanity lurking among us. As you read the book, you will encounter stories involving children, parents, elderly people, and many other seemingly average people who daily go about their normal lives. Most people don't notice the quiet hugs, words of encouragement, and genuine smiles that are floating around out there. The author has a superb, trained eye to notice those things, though. Mr. Kotz divides this book into several sections of stories. The first one is called Eye-Openers. After that, he has sections called New Insights, Inspiration, Everyday Life, and Leadership.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading through this book of inspirational stories. So many life lessons are within these pages. Sometimes, we need to be reminded of the simple things in life, and the author has an almost magical way of bringing those simple things to life in the mind of the reader. There is a peace in realizing that true humanity can be found. However, we have to train our minds to overlook the negatives, in order to see the simplicity that is underneath.

When reading several of the stories, I was reminded of the biblical parable of the Good Samaritan. Among all of the gloominess in the world, there are those people and situations that help to restore compassion. Not every story was specifically about what an actual person did. Some are just about noticing things in life that are not noticed by the normal person. But each story brought about some aspect of kindness or inspiration.

The section called Leadership had some particularly inspiring stories that show how our actions or the actions of those around us can be a positive guidance. There is also a part at the end that lists final words of advice that will help in producing harmony and peace in our lives.

I did not find any negatives about this book. The whole concept of the book was to show the positive side of life, and the author did an amazing job of producing that effect. The stories were well-written, and reading them was a positive experience for me. Therefore, I am rating it 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for inspiration in life. For those who may be hurting and searching for meaning or kindness in a world of confusion, this book is what you need to turn to. You will not be disappointed.

Profiles in Kindness
View: on Bookshelves

Liz Alice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liz-alice.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by Liz Alice »

This really sounds like something I should read. The idea of portraying kindness and inspiration through the simple things in life is a reminder that finding peace is not impossible if one really looks for it. Great review!
The book to read is not the one that thinks for you, but the one which makes you think.

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ada Ling »

Kindness is one often used term and sometimes we take granted when other people offer it. Thank you for introducing this book.

Tayejim1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayejim1.html
Latest Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest) by Mr.Bigmann Grier

Post by Tayejim1 »

Reading about the positive side of life can definitely brighten one's day. This is a good book to read. Thanks.

Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

The theme of this book is very positive and encouraging. It’s true that acts of kindness have long lasting effects, however, they must be consistent. The hardest type of kindness to show is kindness to ourselves and we have to learn to be more intentional about it.

Thank you for a deeply insightful review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”