Official Review: We R 1 by Katina Marshell Cotton

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: The Jewels Of The Rainbow by H.F. Snyder

Official Review: We R 1 by Katina Marshell Cotton

Post by TCG »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "We R 1" by Katina Marshell Cotton.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We R 1 was written by Katina Marshell Cotton. This novel discussed several principles that could guide us to be productive in our journey in life. Katina started by discussing the positive power within every one of us and how to engage these inner awakenings for a better life. She believed that the way we think and act determines the outcome of our lives. Katina usually experiences visions during her moments of meditation. She visualizes herself discussing with her ancestors, spiritual guides, and her late father, who died when she was twelve-years-old.

Through her private meditations, she offers personal advice to her audience about life generally. She encouraged her audience about handling self-worth, insecurity, poor mental attitude, and about God’s love. From this book, readers will learn from the author’s experience on how to use the power of meditation to create our reality.

Most people have negative attitudes towards life. We don’t know how negative thought patterns affect the outcome of our lives. From this book, We R 1, I learned most of the basic lessons of life, and I believe other readers can learn the same lessons too.

What I liked most about this novel was how the author used nature and her environment to advise her readers. She observes her natural environment correctly. For example, I loved how she used trees and rain to convey messages in the book. Katina believes that rain is a sign of God’s tears of compassion for us. It was quite intriguing to read how the author extracted words of wisdom from creation.

Furthermore, I liked how the writer used her personal experiences to demonstrate her ideas about God. She used her relationship with God to illustrate the importance of the spiritual realm. Most of her points were quite relatable and encouraging. Since I had experienced most of her testimonies, it was easy for me to accept the subjects she was discussing.

The only thing I disliked about this book was that I did not find the connection between the title and the content of the story. I was confused about why the author chose such title for a motivating book.

Because I found more than ten grammatical errors in the book, I rate this novel 3 out of 4 stars. My conclusion was that this book was not professionally edited. The photos in the book were used to demonstrate the issues the author discussed, like the issue of lonely ducks. There was no use of vulgar statements in the tale. I recommend this novel to those who enjoy books on positive thinking and mental attitude.

We R 1
View: on Bookshelves
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

This sounds quite inspirational. I like that the author finds a connection between nature and events in our lives. I believe that much can be understood by studying our surroundings. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

This book is very inspiring and rekindles my sensation for nature. I’m inclined to take a read and thank you for a very detailed review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”