Official Review: Coworking Inc by Jonathan O'Byrne

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: Birth of a Unicorn by Heather Wilde
fav_author_id: 2484

Official Review: Coworking Inc by Jonathan O'Byrne

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Coworking Inc" by Jonathan O'Byrne.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Coworking Inc.: The Bohemian Movement That Adopted Capitalism by Jonathan O'Byrne is a very informative book about a relatively new solution to workspaces known as coworking. The author seeks to inform and educate readers on the true meaning of coworking, its advantages, and how it is the way forward in real estate.

In 2012, Jonathan O'Byrne established one of the trend-setting coworking networks in Singapore. His company, Collective Works, has become a multi-million dollar business that has helped to solve the problem of ensuring appropriate and beneficial workspaces for many people. Through experience, the author not only elucidates the subject but also gives prospective clients practical tips on what to look out for when searching for workspaces.

Firstly, I must thank the author for the insights into this topic. As someone interested in real estate, I found this book to be both timely and relevant. Through this book, I have come to appreciate the benefits of coworking and believe that it is the future! Just as Uber and Spotify have changed the face of luxury transportation and music, coworking seeks to provide flexible and efficient solutions for people investing in workplaces.

What I enjoyed the most about the book is the author's writing style. Most books on topics like this bore the reader with professional jargon and unnecessary definitions. But this author sticks to the subject, organizes his thoughts excellently, and delivers a book that is easy to understand. His writing style is clear, and I enjoyed how he used relatable examples to drive home his points. It just made the entire book a pleasure to read. Good job, Mr. O'Byrne!

Furthermore, I liked the author's use of charts and diagrams to give illustrations in the book. They helped in providing graphic summaries of the author's ideas. More so, I enjoyed the 'Takeaways' sections at the end of the chapters. This part of the book provided me with a reminder of the things learned so far and helped me to know the salient points therein.

Nevertheless, this book is rich in practical tips and invaluable pieces of advice for both prospective clients and people who wish to become operators in the business. I appreciate its relevance and timeliness. With the boom in the freelance business, there is a need for flexible and interactive workspace solutions for freelancers. Also, organizations are looking to cut real estate costs through the solution that coworking offers. Therefore, this book will be of great value to all concerned.

To conclude, there was nothing I disliked about this title. I found only two typos in the book, so I believe it is professionally edited. Therefore, I am happy to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I am highly recommending this book to readers interested in properties and real estate, especially those who seek insights into coworking.

Coworking Inc
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: Hemiphos by Stefanie Jacob

Post by Adanna Inya »

I enjoy coworking in the same space with others too. It has immense benefits especially on mental health. Beautiful review.

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ada Ling »

This is going to be useful guide as every place need coworking. Thank you for the great review.

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: Navigating New Normal Book One Environmental Rescue
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock by Lynne Armstrong-Jones

Post by NetMassimo »

Some interesting ideas for the workspace. Lockdowns pushed some changes that were already happening, at least in part, so this book can be useful for entrepreneurs and managers to keep updated on the subject. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

anua24060
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anua24060.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by anua24060 »

This is a very helpful book on an emerging trend. I like how the author had not bored the readers although the book is professional. Since he wrote it from his own successful experience, it adds more credentials to the book. Great review!

RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by RHD »

Real estate is big business. I wonder if Jonathan convinced you to a 'coworker'. Thanks for such an insightful review 👌

Slater678
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slater678.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Slater678 »

I am curious as to what coworking entails. Obviously the author is very conversant with it given that he has a multibillion company in that industry. Thanks for the charming review.

Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Adanna Inya wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 10:45
I enjoy coworking in the same space with others too. It has immense benefits especially on mental health. Beautiful review.
Yes it does. Thanks a lot for commenting on my review.

Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Ada Ling wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 15:21
This is going to be useful guide as every place need coworking. Thank you for the great review.
Yes, the book is so relevant. Thanks for stopping by.

Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

NetMassimo wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 16:29
Some interesting ideas for the workspace. Lockdowns pushed some changes that were already happening, at least in part, so this book can be useful for entrepreneurs and managers to keep updated on the subject. Thank you for your great review!
Coworking is the future. Thanks for finding time to read to read my review

Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

anua24060 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 23:06
This is a very helpful book on an emerging trend. I like how the author had not bored the readers although the book is professional. Since he wrote it from his own successful experience, it adds more credentials to the book. Great review!
Thanks a lot for stopping by. I appreciate you.

Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

RHD wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 07:55
Real estate is big business. I wonder if Jonathan convinced you to a 'coworker'. Thanks for such an insightful review 👌
Yes he did. Thanks for reading my review.

Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Slater678 wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 09:12
I am curious as to what coworking entails. Obviously the author is very conversant with it given that he has a multibillion company in that industry. Thanks for the charming review.
Thanks for finding time to read and comment on my review.

AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

I've never heard about 'Coworking' until now, I still don't understand it well, but it sounds like a topic worth learning about. I'm relieved that this book was not boring, or it might have rubbed off on this interesting review 😀. As someone with a budding interest in real estate, I might try out this book one if I get the chance.
As usual, you did a lovely job on this review. 😉
Live and let live, baby.

Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Create the Life You Want by Raymond P. Gerson

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a handy book for those interested in coworking, real estate business, and self-development :) I loved that it was written in a reader-friendly manner. Thanks for a great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”