Official Review: Say Goodbye To Plastic

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
2019 Reading Goal: 72
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 50
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 94
2017 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Book: Unbalanced
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 606
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: The Irish Skateboard Club by Brinn Colenda

Official Review: Say Goodbye To Plastic

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Say Goodbye To Plastic" by Sandra Ann Harris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Say Goodbye To Plastic, by Sandra Ann Harris, is a step-by-step guide on how to live a plastic-free life. It unveils ways to reduce the use of unnecessary plastic. Telling how, more than a decade ago, she got involved in the plastic pollution movement, Sandra examines the toxic effects of the above material on human health, animal health, and the environment. Also, she discusses the origins of the plastic pollution crisis and the factors that contribute to the persistence of plastic waste in our environment.

The book shows how one can break up with plastic, "room by room and task by task." Sandra identifies some common plastics that are found in a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, an entertainment room, and an office. In addition, she gives tips on how to replace them with eco-friendly and affordable alternatives. Moreover, she reveals how one can minimize the amount of plastic debris one generates.

Revealing how she successfully transitioned into a plastic-free lifestyle, Sandra tells how she summoned the courage to set up her own business named ECOlunchbox (a business which has helped hundreds of thousands of people to wave goodbye to plastic at lunchtime).

Say Goodbye To Plastic is intriguing and educative. It's comprehensible and engaging. I like the author's straightforward writing style, and I enjoyed her conversational tone and personal stories, which make her points more relatable. The book is unique and well written, containing fascinating facts about plastic pollution. I commend the author for providing a publication that'll enlighten readers about the disadvantages of using plastic products and what they can replace them with. She presents her views in an eloquent manner, and I must say that I enjoyed reading her book.

Seeing the issues that result from the release of plastic waste, including the plastic marine debris in our oceans, I recommend this book to every reader. Though persons who flee from self-help books may not want to read it, I strongly advise that they should because eradicating such pollution should be everyone's business. I never gave this global crisis some thought until I picked up this guidebook, and I now know the problems caused by excessive use of plastics in our daily lives. Regarding profanity, I didn't notice any obscene words, and there are no sex narratives.

Overall, I rate Say Goodbye To Plastic 4 out of 4 stars. I couldn't rate it lower because it is clear and contains valuable information. Besides, it was well edited, though I saw a couple of minor grammar errors and typos. It'll be a rewarding feast for anyone who is interested in knowing more about plastic pollution.

Say Goodbye To Plastic
View: on Bookshelves

Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 801
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Vannaskivt »

I've tried to cut down on our plastic usage as a family so many times and failed. I'd like to read this book, the room by room approach might work! Thanks for the great review.

sssns
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sssns.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by sssns »

The "room by room and task by task" approach to breaking up with plastic looks interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”