Official Review: The Future of Buildings, Transportation ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: So Now You're a Widow by Bonnie Merryfield

Official Review: The Future of Buildings, Transportation ...

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Future of Buildings, Transportation and Power" by Roger Duncan and Michael E. Webber.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In recent times, the world has seen explosive growth in technology. More and more systems are becoming automated, and devices are getting smarter and more efficient. In The Future of Buildings, Transportation and Power, Roger Duncan and Michael E. Webber discuss their predictions on the trends to expect concerning transportation, building, and electric power industries.

In this book, the authors glean from current trends and developments to estimate the technologies that will likely come into play in the future. They discuss how technology can solve some of the world's problems like global warming and the housing crisis. Information is growing exponentially, but growth in all the technology sectors is not at the same pace. Political, legal, and economic systems also affect the growth rate. Building on these and data from reputable sources, the authors debunk myths and make projections on technology's future.

It was evident that a lot of research went into this book. The books and articles that were referenced made it clear that the authors read widely about this topic, and the detailed delivery also showed that they were well informed. The short description given about the authors also assured me that they had the necessary experience and knowledge to write this book. They had both been involved in the energy sector for a long time and had taken their time to brainstorm to get all the necessary information they needed.

I expected to be overwhelmed by complicated terminologies and concepts while reading this book. However, I was pleased to be disappointed in that regard. The book was written to be easy for a layperson to understand, even if they were not well versed in science. It was effortless for me to read and understand. This was my favorite aspect of the book.

I liked the authors' thoughtfulness in adding a reference section at the end of the book. It gave a touch of authenticity and verifiability. It would also be helpful to the reader for further research. I checked out some of the resources and found them useful and relevant. Essentially, this book was a product of an intimate union of research and experience.

The editing was professional, as I only found one error. There was absolutely nothing to dislike about this book. Therefore, I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to anyone fascinated by technological trends and interested in the future of technology. Anyone whose business depends mainly on technology should get a copy of this book.

The Future of Buildings, Transportation and Power
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Sunday diamond »

I'm currently a student of Urban and Regional Planning. so, i do love reading and Discusing how technology can be earness to improve other country's sectors like transportation, housing crises, electricity nd so on. I love to review this book as well

emidio125
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by emidio125 »

I think you a are very insightful review. Congratulations.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”