Official Review: Stones Crying Out by Gertrude Garrow

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibetious
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 49
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1281
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: Secondary Break by Marvin Williams Sr.

Official Review: Stones Crying Out by Gertrude Garrow

Post by Kibetious »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stones Crying Out" by Gertrude Garrow.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The author rightly points out in the introduction of the book that we are living in very turbulent times. It seems there is rapid growth in skepticism and a lack of confidence in social structures and even the governments themselves. However, these fierce waves of doubt have also caused hunger and thirst for something to hold on to. Can one trust the Bible as a credible and reliable source of truth? What is the origin of the Bible? Is Jesus of Nazareth the Messiah? Why are we here on Earth?

Stones Crying Out: Fulfilling Bible Prophecy was authored by Gertrude Garrow. It was published by AtoZeasy Learning Limited in 2020. The outstanding book is approximately 177 pages long and is divided into twenty-eight chapters. It is in the genre of nonfiction and uses a great number of fulfilled prophecies and extra-biblical sources to support the credibility of the Bible. The evidence presented in the book was not only comprehensive but also sufficient to draw a conclusion. Consequently, it acts as a key resource for Christian believers to not only give the reason for their well-founded belief but also whom they steadfastly believe.

The author quoted the notable works of many archaeologists, reputable historians, and other scientists in the book. Some quotations were from ancient writers, and I enjoyed reading them. They were not only critical for backing up various subjects presented but also brought light to many historical events I was unaware of before. I have often read the Bible and pondered whether and how some prophecies were fulfilled. The fact there are approximately fourteen thousand manuscripts of the Old Testament in existence today was astounding as well.

The language employed in the book was straightforward and consequently making it comprehensible for a general audience. Additionally, editing was professionally done. Its brevity was equally an added advantage for readers who dislike lengthy books. This is because the book is relevant for both Christians and seekers. To begin with, the information contained in the book will help in strengthening one's conviction. Furthermore, seekers will be able to examine the evidence contained in the book and accordingly make sound decisions. It also throws light on some issues that appear contentious in the Bible, like faith and work. As a result, it becomes clear the scriptures are complementary, not contradictory. Eventually, one will agree with the author's assertion that the Bible can do nothing but profit from the increase in knowledge.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to all ardent readers of Christian apologetics. It is equally suitable for those investigating the credibility and accuracy of the Bible. All readers will benefit immensely from the fascinating chapter addressing identity and purpose.

Stones Crying Out
View: on Bookshelves
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

emidio125
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by emidio125 »

I haven't read the book. But I will try to. And all is due to the wonderful job you did with your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”