Official Review: No More Doubt

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TalJB22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taljb22.html
Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD

Official Review: No More Doubt

Post by TalJB22 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No More Doubt" by Pierre A. Kandorfer, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

No More Doubt by Pierre A. Kandorfer, Ph.D. is a nonfiction work that grapples with the age-old question of whether or not the Bible and science agree with one another. Dr. Kandorfer’s answer to this question is a resounding yes, and in his book, he presents a substantial amount of information in defense of that answer.

I really love science and enjoy being reminded of what an amazing world we live in, so I enjoyed reading all the facts and observations laid out in this book. I was especially intrigued by the biology, medical, and astronomy sections. It amazes me that just a small change in the Earth’s distance from the sun or in the amounts of certain components in the air would make life on Earth impossible. And I have always been in awe of how all the systems in the human body work together perfectly.

While I was able to appreciate the content itself, there are certainly some layout issues. I did appreciate the author’s attempt to organize the book in a simple, straightforward manner. The book is easy to follow in that it very simply goes from one branch of science to another, listing all the information for that particular branch all at once.

While the information Dr. Kandorfer provides is great, his delivery is not so good. I found several grammatical and spelling errors as I read. Some of the book is a bit difficult to read because of the broken and choppy nature of the sentences. In addition, some of the verse references did get jumbled, and so the verse that is referenced has nothing to do with the particular fact or observation that the verse is listed under. I was often able to find the correct verse nearby, but the references on the page in the book were not always accurate.

Because of the extensive editing that needs to be done, I have to give No More Doubt 2 out of 4 stars. I really did enjoy reading it, and I think there’s a lot of good information there. It’s enough material to make the reader really dig deep and challenge what they think and believe. However, this book does desperately need help with layout, grammar, and spelling.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is willing to read it thoughtfully and consider the information laid out before them. However, I would recommend perhaps waiting until it has gone through another round of editing to make the experience more enjoyable.

No More Doubt
View: on Bookshelves
Bookworm101520
Currently Reading: Dead Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm101520.html
Latest Review: Crooked Creek: A Comedy about Writer's Block and a Neurotic Home Owners Association by Fredrick Robertson

Post by Bookworm101520 »

I also love reading about science! I would be interested to see how this book compares the Bible to different scientific claims. Thank you for a thorough review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”