Official Review: Chipped, Cracked and Broken

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Official Review: Chipped, Cracked and Broken

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chipped, Cracked and Broken" by Edith Wariara Kariuki.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chipped, Cracked and Broken: Becoming a Vessel of Honour by Edith Wariara Kariuki is a self-help book that guides readers on becoming instruments of God. As a Christian, I have always wondered about the best ways to serve God, my purpose in life, and how to fulfill my purpose. While there are numerous books out there with different interpretations of how to go about this, I have never really gotten any clarity on this subject. So, my expectations of the message in Chipped, Cracked and Broken were really high.

Edith Wariara Kariuki delivers her message in thirteen concise, easy-to-read chapters. The first thing that intrigued me about this book was the author's description of people as different kinds of vessels: the chipped vessel, the cracked vessel, the broken vessel, and the whole vessel. The whole vessel represents what Christians should aspire to be, and that refers to people that have a full understanding of their purpose in Christ and a personal relationship with God. The features of the other vessels are also described, and readers will be able to identify which type of vessel they are and work towards becoming whole vessels following the author's lessons.

The author's message is quite refreshing and will give readers a lot of hope, as the message that everyone, regardless of your past, can become a whole vessel for God is reiterated. Another important aspect of the book is the author's use of both personal stories and stories of people around her to give examples while dishing out her lessons. It helped me relate to most of the things discussed. I particularly saw myself in the author when she talked about how people serve God in fear instead of love and faith.

The book is very comprehensive, and it answered most of the questions I had on this subject. Edith Wariara Kariuki relies heavily on relevant verses from the Bible to support her lessons and help the readers see that this message is not from her, but it is from God using her as a vessel. The power of forgiveness as a means to become whole is also highlighted. Although the author admits that it may be difficult to forgive and let go in some circumstances, her encouraging tone will open readers' eyes to the benefits of forgiving both themselves and people that have wronged them, and I loved it.

I did not find a single error while reading Chipped, Cracked and Broken, which implies that the book was professionally edited. I cannot think of much to dislike about this guide. The only thing that bothered me was that the author was repetitive at times, but this can also be a positive feature, as readers will constantly be reminded of key messages they may have forgotten while reading through the text.

Overall, Chipped, Cracked and Broken is a solid offering from the author and will help to change Christian lives positively. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend the book to Christians looking to find their calling in life and improve their relationship with God.

Chipped, Cracked and Broken
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Nice review. This is a book i would like to read. will put it on my to-read bookshelf.
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by namuyong »

Seems like you enjoyed reading this book. Very detailed review , good job done.but i will pass thus one because spiritual books are not of my liking.
Bibliogn0st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliogn0st.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B07Q3T2RZF

Post by Bibliogn0st »

I like the description of people as a different type of vessels, and that everyone should strive to be the whole vessel. I enjoyed your take on the book. Thank you for your fascinating review!
Tayejim1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayejim1.html
Latest Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest) by Mr.Bigmann Grier

Post by Tayejim1 »

Forgiveness is a beautiful quality that should be encouraged. Thanks for a concise review.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

This guide seems mind-opening. The virtue of forgiveness is quite rare, I concur as well. Thanks for the review 👍
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Thank you for your great review! Interesting metaphor in the title :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”