Review by BeccaMc -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BeccaMc
Currently Reading: The Institute
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beccamc.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review by BeccaMc -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by BeccaMc »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Entrepreneurs unite! If you are interested in starting your own business or buying into a business and need some encouragement or just a heartfelt story about said topics, then this book is for you!

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is an inspirational story telling of one man’s journey through business life after he drops out of high school. The author and his story are the epitome of motivation, hard-work and solid work ethics.

As an entrepreneur, the author describes his journey, experiences, benefits and challenges of the various jobs he attained starting at seven years of age. From his paper route, to punk rock music manager, to elite cyclist and real estate guru we learn how the ups and downs of each job shaped the author into becoming who he is today. Mr. Newbery is incredibly strong-willed and devoted and seemed to achieve his business goals flawlessly throughout his life. You can feel and relate to the emotions the author is feeling as you are reading through his life. The author thrived on empowering other people, always wanted to help and sometimes could not take “no” for an answer – which can lead to trouble.

I can honestly say there is nothing that I disliked about Burn Zones. No matter how much negativity and pitfalls the author seemed to be experiencing he always found a way to keep pushing and remain positive on the ultimate outlook. I think this book is suitable for most audiences – there are a few instances of profanity, so younger readers use caution. The book includes pictures which really drew you into his life and see it firsthand.

I enthusiastically rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There were only a small handful of errors indicating the book was professionally edited. The book was very inspiring to read and emits a good message to readers. It was easy to read and follow since the author divided the chapters based on each new job or new venture. After reading his book, I know I feel more empowered that I can achieve anything as long as I am persistent and motivated. Great job!

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

diana lowery
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 60
Currently Reading: Lord of the Flies
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Honest Endings by Katherine Cullen
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by diana lowery »

I also read this book, and I agree with your analysis of both the author and his work. I enjoyed reading your review as it reminded me of how determined I was to increase my motivation.......still working on that!

BeccaMc
Currently Reading: The Institute
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beccamc.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by BeccaMc »

diana lowery wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 15:32
I also read this book, and I agree with your analysis of both the author and his work. I enjoyed reading your review as it reminded me of how determined I was to increase my motivation.......still working on that!
Thank you for your reply! Yes, motivation can be hard to come by these days. My motivation comes in the form of liquid caffeine! Haha.

AvidBibliophile
Currently Reading: Beyond Paris
Bookshelf Size: 287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: Raccoons Stole My Baby Jesus by Jennifer Doll DVM

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Persistence and motivation are definitely key! :key: I read the first ten pages of this one and felt inspired right from the start. This author does a fabulous job pulling readers in with personal stories and anecdotes and photos. Glad to hear you loved it to the degree you did!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”