Review by dawn_serenity -- Learn to Love: Guide to Heali...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dawn_serenity
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawn-serenity.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Review by dawn_serenity -- Learn to Love: Guide to Heali...

Post by dawn_serenity »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life" by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

First of all, I will rate this book 4 out of 4.

Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life written by Dr. Thomas Jordan is a captivating and wisdom changing book. The author is a psychoanalyst and psychologist. This book is based on his thirty years of experience working with patients who have relationship problems but also his own failure in his love life and what he has learned from that.

As a teenager, I faced a lot of problems with relationships and failed to understand the underlying issues. The idea of a perfect partner is deep-rooted inside me so when I date someone I always have high expectations of them. Especially when they turn out to cheat on me, the pain that I get is multiplied because not only are they not perfect but turned out to be a person with no morals. I often stay in relationships where I am emotionally abused and have no personal privacy. I continue in these relationships thinking that I can use the power of love to change someone. This book discusses how people keep having love relationships with the "wrong person". After finishing this book, I feel a strong urge to self-love and know that I should not be in a relationship where I am not fully appreciated. I love how you can connect to a very personal level in this amazing piece and reflect on yourself. The two most important things I learned from this book. First, don’t spend your time looking for a perfect partner because he or she doesn’t exist. Second, you can never change someone else because you only have the power to change yourself.

I really recommend young people to read and understand this. Learn to Love is an eye-opening work that with an effective organization, applicable discussions, and meaningful insights. The book begins with what a love life is and why love is difficult. Then it begins to discuss an unhealthy love life and its characteristics. The second part covers the psychological causes of healthy and unhealthy love life experiences. The third part talk about what has been learned can be unlearned. Each chapter is detailed, easy to understand, and contains lists and tables.

Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”