Official Review: Outbound Sales No Fluff

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: From Hate to Love by Frank J Donohue

Official Review: Outbound Sales No Fluff

Post by Cecilia_L »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Outbound Sales No Fluff" by Rex Biberston & Ryan Reisert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"We aren't gurus and we aren't geniuses. We're just two sales guys working hard to stay ahead of the pack who want to share what we've learned."

Rex Biberston and Ryan Reisert provide step-by-step professional guidance in Outbound Sales, No Fluff: Written by Two Millenials Who Have Actually Sold Something This Decade. The authors describe the difference between inbound leads and outbound prospecting and explain why the book focuses on the latter. They emphasize the significance of identifying the problems that the seller's product solves and the value of helping others succeed. Additionally, the book addresses such topics as which companies to target, how to identify and build relationships with prospective buyers, effective cold calling methods, examples of bucketing leads, technology as a tool, and understanding funnel math.

The authors target sales reps and leaders, but the principles that they teach may also apply to a broader audience. As an Etsy artisan and seller, I've read my share of sales books. However, several things stand out about this concise and informative guide, beginning with the title. Although "No Fluff" is an attention-grabbing and accurate description, the subtitle simultaneously hooked and amused me. Likewise, I was intrigued by the authors' promise in the synopsis that the book covered sales fundamentals and could also "be read in less than 45 minutes." A comprehensive glossary of sales terms, hyperlinks referencing technological tools, and the hands-on "Stop & Take Action" sections for each chapter also set the 59-page book apart.

I most like the wealth of practical advice the authors include. For instance, in the fifth chapter, the authors caution readers not to confuse difficult and ineffective actions: "If you don't know how to compose a good email, it doesn't mean that email is suddenly worthless." I also appreciate the authors' pointers on contacting prospective buyers via social media platforms.

The book is exceptionally edited, and the organized format includes an appropriate amount of bold and italicized type that effectively highlights key portions of text. Since many authors misuse typographical emphasis and negate the intended effect, it bears noting.

It is my pleasure to rate Outbound Sales, No Fluff 4 out of 4 stars for its fresh spin on a much-published topic. The authors' conversational writing style makes the guide suitable as an introduction to sales, and the informative glossary further enhances it. I recommend the book to anyone interested in sales, from beginners to more experienced sellers desiring to improve their skills. It contains no profanity.

Outbound Sales No Fluff
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Ada Ling »

This seems is a practical guide. Would love to give it a read. Thank you for the nice review.

Reitumetse_R
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-r.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Reitumetse_R »

As someone starting a new business, I should probably get it. I also love that its a short book. Thank you for the review

EvaDar
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 92
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 52
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Parallels in Autocracy by Wolfgang Mack

Post by EvaDar »

This sounds like a good, no-frills guide to sales success. Not too many of those out there. I always enjoy your reviews. Thanks!
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Ada Ling wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 17:44
This seems is a practical guide. Would love to give it a read. Thank you for the nice review.
Thanks, Ada. :tiphat:

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Reitumetse_R wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 06:36
As someone starting a new business, I should probably get it. I also love that its a short book. Thank you for the review
Thanks for your comment.

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

EvaDar wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 00:51
This sounds like a good, no-frills guide to sales success. Not too many of those out there. I always enjoy your reviews. Thanks!
Thanks, Eva!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”