Official Review: America Dies - When Based Upon Lies

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: "Wtf Do I Know?" by Lawrence Goldman

Official Review: America Dies - When Based Upon Lies

Post by Howlan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "America Dies - When Based Upon Lies" by Moswee M. Peach.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

America Dies - When Based Upon Lies by Moswee M. Peach is a non-fictional political commentary based on the United States of America's current government. The author criticizes the policies of President Trump and describes the various controversies against him. He talks about the recent impeachment trial, his policies regarding the current pandemic, his behavior towards Russia, and so on. The author is particularly vocal about the alleged Russian involvement in the 2016 presidential elections. Also, in the end, the author has compiled a set of actions that can be taken by the President if he wants to remodel the United States democracy into a dictatorship, which is quite intriguing but unnerving.

The best part of this book is unmistakably the dialogue. The author puts a lot of confidence and raw emotion behind his words, which can be felt in every sentence. Readers can genuinely understand the frustration he feels from the current government. He thinks that a change is necessary to make the U.S. a great nation again. Also, the frequent presence of light humor makes the dialogue engaging.

I have a couple of things to complain about in this book. Firstly, there is sometimes no connection between the chapters. Each chapter deals with different issues. Some issues are connected, but often they do not occur concurrently. For example, Chapters 7, 8, 15, and 22 are about Russia, but they are spread all over the book. Chapters 17 and 19 deal with the COVID 19 pandemic, but though chapter 18 has a few pandemic related thoughts, it is mostly about President Trump's habit of lying. The author should have addressed one topic at a time for a more apparent transition from one issue to another.

Secondly, I felt some chapters ended so abruptly that it remained lacking. For example, chapter 13 is a one-page chapter that speaks about an attorney. The chapter felt quite incomplete as a clear explanation was missing. The author should have made his point clearer by taking some more space.

I also found a few typos in this book. There are also some minor instances of borderline profanity. However, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Because, despite the complaints about the structure of the book, the content is informative and impressive. This book is a must-read for anyone who is voting in the United States presidential elections in 2020. The author puts forward his honest opinions about the government that has failed to rise to his expectations in the last four years. I recommend this book to all American citizens who plan to vote in U.S.A.'s upcoming presidential elections in 2020.

America Dies - When Based Upon Lies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by RHD »

This election has raised so many issues and conversations. The true definition and purpose of democracy has been put to test. Thanks for such a detailed review 👌

Serenity2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenity2010.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Serenity2010 »

This sounds like an interesting book considering the current events. I am especially interested in the dictatorship portion, because I am a part of a group Trump is not to fond of.

Saskue
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Saskue »

I totally agree America is filled with so many lies it will cost us many things

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”