Official Review: Hungry in Hollywood by Deanna Pak

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pricklypurple
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: Hungry in Hollywood by Deanna Pak

Official Review: Hungry in Hollywood by Deanna Pak

Post by pricklypurple »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hungry in Hollywood" by Deanna Pak.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wanted to break into the acting business? Has it always been a goal of yours to improve your craft and to gain exposure in the film industry? Hungry in Hollywood by Deanna Pak may be just what you need to jumpstart a career or to tweak an existing one. This book carefully details everything you need to know to become a successful presence in Hollywood. It walks the reader through all of the steps, from getting headshots and building a resume to auditioning and securing bigger roles. 

Deanna Pak clearly has a passion for acting and has worked hard to achieve her dreams. She genuinely seems to want to help further the careers of fellow artists out there by providing guidance and divulging the tips that helped her to succeed. She is very open about what worked for her and eager to encourage others to become the best versions of themselves. 

This is a great little book. It is short, but it contains a lot of useful information. I enjoyed reading it. I felt I learned a lot from an experienced professional. I used to work as a background actor and have been away from the industry for quite some time. This book brought back memories for me and rekindled some of the passion I used to have. 

My favorite part of this book is how it is formatted. It is very organized and easy to read. It feels as if the author covered all aspects of the acting business, and she did so in a way that is simple to follow. I appreciated that both newcomers and seasoned actors could benefit from reading this book. My least favorite part of the book was that it didn't contain many personal stories. I would have loved to hear more about the author's journey to stardom. However, the tone was more businesslike.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is in no way a definitive guide to acting, but it is definitely a useful tool. I didn't spot a single editing error in this book. It was well-written and professional. I think more could have been done to engage the reader on a personal level, but it is still a worthwhile read. I recommend this book to those pursuing an acting career. If you're simply tossing the idea around of getting into acting, give it a read. However, if you have no interest in Hollywood or what it takes to make a successful career there, this book is probably not for you. I am glad to have read this book and am sure it would make a handy tool for any aspiring artist. 

Hungry in Hollywood
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Drianie »

There's no doubt that breaking into this industry is a difficult task to accomplish. I'm sure many aspiring actors will appreciate the support and advice this guide offers. I loved that you included your own background in acting. Thanks for your informative review!

Kevivas03
2019 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kevivas03.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Kevivas03 »

I have seen many stories of people that have tried to make a break in Hollywood only to have their dreams thwarted by various challenges. To be lead on the way by an accomplished actor is one way to increase the chances of making it.Thank you Deanna for sharing.

raluca_mihaila
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: Manaskd
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: A Woman to Blame by Vincent Panettiere

Post by raluca_mihaila »

Congratulations for the informative review! An educational book, with good and useful tips, is always welcomed!.

VVaishali
Favorite Book: Big Magic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vvaishali.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VVaishali »

Well i have no interest in getting into Hollywood, or try out acting. So I will skip this one. Thanks for sharing an honest review :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”