Official Review: Chemicals and Christians

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Official Review: Chemicals and Christians

Post by Tonika632 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chemicals and Christians" by Martha McLaughlin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have always strived to lead a healthy life. I think everyone is trying their best. We all try to eat healthy and untreated food and live with as few chemicals and chemical products as possible. But reality does not allow us to do that because chemicals are a must-have in today’s life.

Chemicals and Christians: Compassion and Caution by Martha McLaughlin is a touching book that talks about the daily harmful effects of chemicals on our lives. We all live convinced that a serious illness will bypass us. But with this way of life, serious diseases like cancer are waiting for us around the corner. So many products that we use every day are full of chemicals. Even though we know it, we still use them thinking nothing will happen to us, and that scares me the most. I never knew that I was doing such harm to my body by using certain products. Sheets, food, shampoos, makeup, deodorants, and more are full of harmful ingredients that we consciously take into our bodies.

Martha McLaughlin is caring for those who were affected by illnesses caused by certain chemicals. She felt that she needed to show the dark side of the industry that poisons us every day. Chemicals and Christians: Compassion and Caution is divided into several chapters, and every chapter is dedicated to a certain stage of illness caused by chemicals Martha McLaughlin recognized in herself and others. We can read about the symptoms and conditions that are common and related to chemically ill people. I am thankful that I had the chance to read this book as I have learned a lot from it. I love that Martha rewarded us with quotes from the Bible at the beginning of every chapter. Those quotes show us that taking care of ourselves is very important. I also appreciate that Martha provided natural alternatives for products we use every day. I will try to convert to a healthier lifestyle after reading this book.

I have found no errors while reading this book, and I can tell it is professionally edited. There are no graphic scenes or profanity present in it. There is nothing to dislike about the book.

I am giving this book a solid 4 out of 4 stars. Chemicals and Christians: Compassion and Caution is a perfect book for those who want to live a longer and healthier life. I recommend this book to everyone because I think it is highly important for us to know what we are doing to our bodies. This book is not suitable for the younger population because it discusses the theme of a demanding topic that is not appropriate for them.

Chemicals and Christians
View: on Bookshelves
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

This sounds like a fascinating read. I try to live as chemical free as possible. This would be the perfect read for me! Great review!
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I like that natural alternatives were provided. Thanks for the review.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

The title is quite thought-provoking! I'm glad the content has done justice to it. I'm also trying to go chemical-free.
Tablito
Favorite Book: The Mountain and The Goat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Tablito »

People find it easy to convince themselves that life-threatening illnesses like cancer will not get to them.
Josephe-Anne
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

At a time when the effects of chemicals are being exposed and people are more health-conscious than before, this book sounds like a must-read! There are so many natural alternatives that we can use to replace harsh chemicals.

Thank you for an excellent review!
😁 :tiphat:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I’m sure I will learn a lot from this book. I am always amazed when I find out that things I never would suspect contain harmful chemicals.
Thank you for your great review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

Wow this a book that everyone should read, for us to live a healthy lifestyle we should avoid the usage of chemicals and go natural.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

Thanks for the review. I have been trying to reduced the amount of chemicals and live a complete natural life. I will check this book out.
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Rwill0988 »

This sounds like an interesting book and it looks like there is a combination of resources and education. It is good to read that Martha provides natural alternatives for those who are looking for them. I know a couple people who would enjoy reading this book. Great review!
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

How great that the book provides us with the natural alternatives for common products! I would definitely read this one :) Thanks for a great review!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

This is a useful read. Good job reviewing the book!
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

A book that shows the symptoms and conditions that are common and related to chemically ill people seems like a good read, especially, as it relates to our health in the nearest future. I totally enjoyed your review.
Drado_27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drado-27.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Drado_27 »

Wonderful review! This book seems incredibly valuable and definitely should be shared. I enjoy learning something not necessarily new but overlooked in our everyday life.
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Books as insightful and educative as this one should be in any Christian's bookshelf. Thanks for the great review and recommendation.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”