Official Review: The art of influencing project success

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
2019 Reading Goal: 72
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 50
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 94
2017 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Book: Unbalanced
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 603
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: The art of influencing project success by Nicholas Ferguson

Official Review: The art of influencing project success

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The art of influencing project success" by Nicholas Ferguson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The art of influencing project success, by Nicholas Ferguson, is about how one can empower their work team to carry out their projects successfully, whether they are working from the office or home. It shows how this empowerment can make their projects to be completed in good time. In an extensive manner, it tells how you can make your employees or team stay focused on their work.

In a unique way, this book reveals how a corporate leader or members of a work team, even in difficult situations, can focus on what "feels better" to become highly productive. It contains ideas that can help them to achieve their project goals, including how they can reduce stress and be more hopeful. In summary, it provides many ways in which one can use to get their employees to work faster and speed up their projects.

Providing intriguing and enlightening quotes by famous people, this fast-paced book unveils how to improve leadership skills. It's easy to read, giving some interesting examples. It'll be a good read for corporate executives at this time, particularly those who have teams working from home. It'll help them to improve their work performance and quality.

However, the publication is heavy. The author used a lot of physics concepts, such as Newton's laws of motion, thermodynamics, momentum, mass and so on, to share his views, and that makes the book read like a textbook. Though readers with knowledge about physics will follow and enjoy it, those who don't have such knowledge will find themselves lost while reading it.

Furthermore, the book tells about consciousness, meditation, and perspectives. Whereas the author included a couple of personal stories, the book would have been more engaging if he added more stories to illustrate his points. It contains more theoretical explanations than practical ones, which made it tedious for me. Regarding profanity, I noticed just a couple of profane words, and there are no sex scenes.

Altogether, I rate The art of influencing project success 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't rate it lower because it's enlightening and well edited, though I saw a couple of errors, involving a missing word and subject-verb disagreement. Besides, I noticed that the e-reader which I used in reading it scrambled some words, but I didn't count them as errors. Again, I couldn't give it a higher rating because I couldn't relate to some of the author's views, since they were based mainly on physics.

The art of influencing project success
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: Spanish Flu vs Covid-19, which is the worst pandemic? by Farzana Prior

Post by Nqobile771 »

Sounds like a practical book that can be used by leaders across the globe. Nice review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Drianie »

I appreciate that you inform us that this book reads like a textbook because of the complicated physics theories and terminology included. It's good to know what to expect when diving into this book. It does sound interesting, and I bet a lot of leaders in the corporate world can draw inspiration from it. I enjoyed reading your extensive review!

VVaishali
Favorite Book: Big Magic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vvaishali.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VVaishali »

I wonder how the author has linked some concepts from physics and other from meditation and consciousness into a subject of project management and completion. You have outlined the good and not so good points from the book really well. Great review👍

raluca_mihaila
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: My Name is Red
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: A Woman to Blame by Vincent Panettiere

Post by raluca_mihaila »

Do you think Newton would have liked this book :)? Physics, leadership, and business look like an interesting mix! Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fabulous mind »

In a unique way, this book reveals how a corporate leader or members of a work team, even in difficult situations, can focus on what "feels better" to become highly productive. It contains ideas that can help them to achieve their project goals, including how they can reduce stress and be more hopeful. In summary, it provides many ways in which one can use to get their employees to work faster and speed up their projects.
I think the main aim of this book, from the quote above, is to enhance productivity in an enterprise. Business owners will obviously find this helpful. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”