Review by strange07 -- From Drift to SHIFT

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
strange07
Currently Reading: Tomboy
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strange07.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by strange07 -- From Drift to SHIFT

Post by strange07 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller shows how change can bring true meaning and happiness to life and work. The author herself says, " this is a book where we will get the information, insight and inspiration that we need to find meaning, fulfillment and happiness in our work and life". This book includes life stories of various eminent people like Serita and Reid( ifoster), Emilee Garfield, Andy Wirth, Jerry Colonna, Darren Quin, Sloan Walsh and Manoj Chalam.

I was really captivated when I came across this particular quote; "Your mind is a power machine. Use it to your advantage and when you are ready to make a shift, the signs will appear. Follow your instincts, focus on what you want and just jump in. If you spend too much time ignoring the signs and simply preparing because you are afraid, you may never make the change that you so deeply need to lead a fulfilling life". The author has accurately nailed the point through this quote.

I was fascinated when I read about a few well known people who have experienced challenges and have found ways to break through. The list includes Pete Peterson;The founder of Blackstone Group raised a disabled son, Stephen Hawking who has Lou Gehrig's disease, Richard Branson of Virgin Atlantic has dyslexia, Bram Cohen; founder of Bit Torrent has Asperger's Syndrome and many more people. The list goes on and on.

I really loved the way author has summarized each chapter as takeaways. The simplicity of the language captured my heart. When I was reading the introduction, I came across the following sentence; " The book encourage you to seek a life of meaning; to be curious about who you are and have the courage to hunt for answers that will help you become the person you are meant to be". After reading the book I felt this is true .

I would recommend this book to all readers who wish to have a change in their life and work . The book is well edited. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 as it is awesome in all aspects without any flaws.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”