Official Review: Moving In-house by Kasper Sierslev

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: The Jewels Of The Rainbow by H.F. Snyder

Official Review: Moving In-house by Kasper Sierslev

Post by TCG »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Moving In-house" by Kasper Sierslev.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Moving In-house by Kasper Sierslev is a business book on building an efficient in-house team. He uses his experience to explain some marketing strategies that could enable a company to set up an in-house content and marketing team. Most companies hire professionals whose commitment to the company is only temporal. In this book, the author revealed how and why a brand should build a team that manages its business activities. He explained how consistency, agility, and speed could give a brand an advantage over other competitors. This novel described the balance between hiring external agencies and building an in-house team.

This book revealed several online marketing strategies and some organizational challenges of digital marketing. How can a brand take advantage of the digital marketing era to promote its sales? The author further explained how to use storytelling to create marketing content. This novel will guide brands into building a functional in-house team that can adjust to the changing digital market.

In my opinion, the author has the necessary experience to make this book a must-read for business owners. He had helped many companies to set up its in-house marketing team. What I liked most about this book was that the writer used his experiences to illustrate his points. He mentioned his experience with the largest shipping company in the world, Maersk. He worked as the head of the internal creative agency. I like this aspect of the book because it made his opinions reliable.

I also liked that the author used images and graphs to illustrate his point. This book will be suitable for visual learners. It helped me to understand the role of content creation in digital marketing. As a content writer, I found this book very reliable and impactful. The writer shared several tips that could help writers to develop engaging content for brands. He mentioned one of the tips on content creation when he said, "Everything you write will have more impact if you keep it short."

There were a few problems I encountered while reading this book. What I disliked most about this book was that I found instances where the letters were not clear. In other words, a few sentences were lacking readability. An example of this error appeared on page 220. Also, there were unnecessary empty pages at the end of each chapter. The author used redundant words in some sentences.

Furthermore, the author used a profane speech in the novel. Such a vulgar speech was not suitable for a diplomatic book. The book contains typographical errors; however, they were not numerous. Due to the above-highlighted problems, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I could not give it a perfect score because the narrative needed further formatting. Since the typographical errors were not up to seven, I still considered this novel edited professionally. I recommend this novel to those who enjoy reading business books.

Moving In-house
View: on Bookshelves
Tablito
Favorite Book: The Mountain and The Goat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Tablito »

In-house teams will always have an edge over external agencies; they are stuck with the company thus the need to give their best shot.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

He mentioned one of the tips on content creation when he said, "Everything you write will have more impact if you keep it short."
This is a great takeaway. Thank you for the comprehensive review.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

It's best to have an effective and efficient in-house team. That way, productivity is higher than when agencies are sourced externally. Thank you for this review!
HannahsReads
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahsreads.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by HannahsReads »

As part of a small organization where pretty much all services have to be completed in house, this sounds very interesting to me! Thanks for your detailed review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”