Review by Evie02 -- How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Evie02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evie02.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Evie02 -- How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Evie02 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy takes a very realistic approach to the staircase that is success. From personal growth to family life to business endeavors, M. Curtis McCoy is careful to pick at every area of success in his book. By asking various successful people about their flourishing livelihoods, the author provides genuine answers to the questions we're all asking about success.

I liked the format which the author used to relay information the most. He made the book enjoyable in the sense that he did not bunch up all the interviews in one section and then position his own words of advice in another. As learning can sometimes be a drag, keeping his format interesting and not plain made this book a pleasant learning opportunity. However, what I disliked the most is the way in which some of the people being interviewed responded to the questions they were asked. They would frequently go off topic, not answering the questions directly, making it seem like M. Curtis McCoy did not edit the responses of the interviewees. He probably meant to leave the answers as they were in order to give his readers as much advice as possible, but the replies came off as prolonged to me.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not give it 3 out of 4 stars because it was a really great and enjoyable read. I would definitely recommend it to others. Although I felt like some parts of the interviews could have been edited, the advice given was extremely inspirational. The author certainly reminds his readers about the basic steps that need to be taken to be successful without leaving out the more intimate details that can be so easily overlooked.

I think this book would mostly appeal to an audience beginning with high school students for the simple reason that there's a level of understanding and interest that is needed to appreciate the book. The reader does not have to be thinking in the line of an entrepreneur to read How To Be Successful. Anyone willing to learn about the things that lead to a life of success can read this book. That being said, I would not recommend this book to children because it is very unlikely that they would recognize the concepts of How To Be Successful.

It seems like the book was professionally edited to me. It does contain a few typos and errors but I would consider them a normal amount.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”