Official Review: Let's See What's Under There!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Official Review: Let's See What's Under There!

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Let's See What's Under There!" by John M. Regan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Let’s See What’s Under There! is a fascinating book by John M. Regan. Basically, this is a book that has to do with all manner of living creatures that may or may not be known by a lot of readers. The writer gave a pictorial representation of these creatures, along with a detailed explanation and information about the various classification of these animals. As the name of this book subtly implies, a reasonable part of the book relates to animals that flourish underground. By flourishing underground, I mean that they are more likely to be found under objects like a log and a wood. Some thrive in burrows. Also, other animals revealed by the writer can be found in places other than the underground. Unexpectedly, the author exposed his readers to other non-animal living things that thrive “in the underworld.” You can only have a good knowledge of all of these by reading this book.

It was interesting for me to discover that this book was filled with pictures of living creatures, and it is even more intriguing that these pictures were taken by the writer himself. This includes the images of Snakes, Frogs, Lizards, and several others. I can’t even help but count the existence of these pictures as what I loved most in this book. This is so because it made me look forward to reading other parts of the book and to discover more animals contained in the book.

I learnt a lot from this book, especially the qualities I never knew insects like termites have. The detailed explanation of various animals in this book show the well-researched nature of the book. Although the writer introduced his readers to a few scientific names of animals, I appreciated the fact that the writer chose to identify these animals with their common names. Assuming the writer adopted the scientific names throughout the book, I'm certain that I would have appreciated the book less.

Apart from the errors which are spread all over this book and which made it difficult for me to understand some sentences at first read, I have no complaint about this book. However, considering the numerous errors in this book, it needs another round of careful editing. For this reason, I am compelled to deduct one star from it. Therefore, I am giving Let’s See What’s Under There! a rating of three out of four stars.

While reading this book, I did not detect the presence of any form of profanity. Also, it contains no erotic scenes. Anyone who is interested in adopting and exploring a new form of hobby and animal enthusiasts will be engrossed in this book, and I recommend it to them.

Let's See What's Under There!
View: on Bookshelves
Tablito
Favorite Book: The Mountain and The Goat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Tablito »

John must have a liking for animals; the pictures of living creatures contained in the book are taken by him.
SarahShebl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahshebl.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by SarahShebl »

The title of the book is gripping and your review makes me even more eager to read it. It seems informative and enjoyable. Thank you for your comprehensive review.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Besides the errors contained in the book, it looks like it is more suitable for kids as it will expose them to various kinds of animals, especially reptiles. Thanks for the review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”