Official Review: Done Deal by Jeffrey Brandeis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: Anything I Want by Jolene Menard

Official Review: Done Deal by Jeffrey Brandeis

Post by Cecilia_L »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Done Deal" by Jeffrey Brandeis.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"What you say and how you say it is imperative to closing a successful sale."

In Done Deal: The Step-by-Step Handbook to Sales Success, Jeffrey Brandeis shares how to continue to improve sales skills from prospecting to closing. He defines techniques such as the cold call and elevator pitch and provides tips and examples for creating compelling emails, pitches, voice mails, and presentations. Brandeis discusses the importance of keeping it short and sweet and offers insightful practices, such as "The Benefit, The Differentiator, and Engage with a Question." He explains how to assess needs and gain access to prospective buyers despite changes in technology like being able to buy a car online "...without stepping into a car dealership."

The concise book is easy to read, and Brandeis packs a lot of information into this 80-page guide. His conversational writing style keeps the content engaging, and he is honest regarding the fact that nothing he suggests is new. However, to increase "chances of gaining access to potential buyers," Brandeis stresses the importance of not skipping the steps or taking shortcuts. True to the beginning quote, Brandeis shares many examples of what to say versus what not to say; he contrasts effective and ineffective actions as well. He also encourages inventive approaches like creating videos.

Brandeis writes from a seller's perspective, but I particularly like that he also shares information about the prospective customer's buying process. Although he mentions that "Successful reps often tell me it will take 7 to 12 'touches' before a prospect returns an email or voice mail," he also clarifies that it takes time and patience. Brandeis cautioned about pestering or appearing desperate, and from a buyer's perspective, I recently had an experience that illustrated the need for his warning. After I browsed a few insurance companies online, an agent contacted me several times by text, email, and phone. I responded that I was not ready to change policies yet, but I would reach out to him when I was. However, he continued to contact me, and his "touch" of blowing up my phone approximately 10 times over several days caused me to block him as a contact. The overly zealous agent would have benefitted from reading the book, which includes a much less aggressive schedule for contacting customers.

The organized formatting gives the book a professional appearance. There isn't anything I dislike about the content, but unfortunately, it is rife with comma splices and run-on sentences. Brandeis frequently strings multiple sentences together with commas, which detracts from the book as a whole.

Due to the grammatical errors, I must rate Done Deal 3 out of 4 stars. Despite its need for further editing, the informative guide offers a wealth of practical information for readers interested in various types of sales. The book contains no profanity.

Done Deal
View: on Bookshelves

Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: Spanish Flu vs Covid-19, which is the worst pandemic? by Farzana Prior

Post by Nqobile771 »

I know a lot of sales people and telemarketers who can benefit from this book. Thanks for the review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Bertha Jackson
Currently Reading: Parts Per Million
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: The Grand Librarian by Dee Rose

Post by Bertha Jackson »

This book should be part of the training for anyone who goes into the sales business. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org

Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

I've been reading lots of books on sales and marketing lately. In fact, I'm currently on one. I'll add this one too. I looking forward to improving my skill in this field.

Irene_A
2019 Reading Goal: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irene-a.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Irene_A »

Seems like a straight forward book ! Thanks for the review.

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Nqobile771 wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 07:33
I know a lot of sales people and telemarketers who can benefit from this book. Thanks for the review!
Thanks for your comment.

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Bertha Jackson wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 07:36
This book should be part of the training for anyone who goes into the sales business. Thank you for your review.
Thank you, Bertha. :tiphat:

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Cynthia Olyy wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 07:56
I've been reading lots of books on sales and marketing lately. In fact, I'm currently on one. I'll add this one too. I looking forward to improving my skill in this field.
Thank you, Cynthia.

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Irene_A wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 10:22
Seems like a straight forward book ! Thanks for the review.
You're welcome. I appreciate your comment.

Lilyflower-x2
2019 Reading Goal: 40
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

I have also experienced overzealous sales people. I find it extremely annoying and would recommend such people read these books.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin

Tablito
Currently Reading: Divided World
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Tablito »

Jeffrey's book will benefit salespeople, most of them appear to be desperate when trying to convince a buyer to purchase their products.

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Lilyflower-x2 wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 00:55
I have also experienced overzealous sales people. I find it extremely annoying and would recommend such people read these books.
Thanks for your comment.

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Tablito wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 03:24
Jeffrey's book will benefit salespeople, most of them appear to be desperate when trying to convince a buyer to purchase their products.
Thank you.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”