Official Review: Schmooze by Cody Lowry

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Schmooze by Cody Lowry

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Schmooze" by Cody Lowry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Schmooze by Cody Lowry is a non-fiction book about how to excel in public relations, thereby becoming a good communicator. The author mentions many of his life stories to teach the reader how to be a better businessperson and a happier individual. The writer’s tone is casual, informational, didactic, and highly humorous, which creates a light-hearted atmosphere in the text.

The writer begins by defining the word schmooze, which is a Yiddish word that means to chat in a persuasive and friendly way so as to gain favors in business or connections. The author extends this definition by saying that schmooze for him has been a lifestyle of kindness, creativity, and thinking outside the box. The author discusses his early childhood days when he grew up in a poor home with a careless father. He was selling newspapers from a young age, which taught him how to schmooze from so young. He would use his humor and his cuteness to sell newspapers and make some pocket money. As a child, he met a man named Hugh, who was a tax accountant, and he was a father figure for him. High taught the author the importance of smiling in business and in everyday life.

This book had several advantages, which elevated its status. More specifically, I liked the fact that the author shared many personal experiences in the text, thereby adding originality and authenticity to his book. Moreover, I liked the emotion and excitement added to the book through the use of dialogue and linguistic devices. Additionally, this book was edited excellently because I only found two grammatical mistakes in the whole book. Besides this, I enjoyed the artistic sketches added to the book, which gave it some liveliness and beauty. What I liked most about this book was the humor the writer added to his book, making the reader laugh and become engaged in the text. I disliked nothing in this book, as it contained only positive characteristics.

This book is best suited for adult readers who are interested in learning about how to be better communicators and more persuasive while doing business. Adult readers will prefer this book, as there is some profanity in the text. Catholic readers will enjoy this book more, as the author mentions various Catholic beliefs in his book.

To conclude, I rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars. I give it a perfect score because of its professional editing, its humor, its excitement, and its illustrations.

Schmooze
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

What a catchy title. It sounds like it matches the content of the book perfectly. Nice review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

Lowry really did a great work in this book. I really enjoyed every part when I read it. I enjoyed reading your review too.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

Did not realize this book is about communication until I read your review. Thank you for sharing this book. Would like to have a read later on.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

This one seems like a must read. Schmooze is crucial for any good businessperson. Kudos for the good review 👏
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

Every potential and struggling marketer needs to have this book because not only will you learn the power of communication, you can also apply it in persuading, negotiation and landing several deals. Great review and book I must confess

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”