Official Review: Walking Innocence Fence by Nikki James

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Matthew's Rockin' World Superstars by Matthew W. Reese

Official Review: Walking Innocence Fence by Nikki James

Post by Elvis Best »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Walking Innocence Fence" by Nikki James.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Walking Innocence Fence, written by Nikki James, is a nonfiction book that dwells on several topics related to philosophy and human psychology. Most notably, Walking Innocence Fence can be recognized for its strong stance against abortion. Throughout the book, the author shares her experience and knowledge in a bid to convince the reader of the validity of her ideas.

However, James does not try to force the reader to accept her ideas but only encourages them to have an open mind. That is what I liked most, as I felt at ease while reading. Moreover, although I did not agree with some of James’s ideas, I kept on reading because there was no pressure to accept them.

Besides, the philosophical discourse was excellent, as I was exposed to new ideas about humanity. Indeed, I thoroughly enjoyed the discourse on overpopulation and the natural human desire to want more of everything.

Nevertheless, I had some issues with Walking Innocence Fence. First, I was confused throughout the book, as most of its ideas were all over the place. Consequently, I often found it difficult to connect the ideas as the book progressed. For example, in the first chapter, the author talks about the rules of writing, and then she diverts to quantum physics, and then she diverts again to a story from the Bible. As a reader, that was all very confusing for me.

There were also some confusing sentences and wrong placements of semicolons and commas. Although they did not seriously detract from my reading experience, I felt uncomfortable reading some of them. Take, for example, the following sentence: “Like the killing of an enemy soldier, commissioned in the cause of freedom, or conquest, however war is rationalized.”

Furthermore, the book had no coherent theme or structure. Throughout my reading, I kept asking myself what the book was about because I honestly had no idea. From the beginning, I thought the main theme was human philosophy, and then I thought it was human psychology, and then finally, I thought the entire book was an autobiography. Nevertheless, I do believe the main purpose of Walking Innocence Fence was to voice the author’s stance against abortion and why she thinks it is a crime against humanity.

In the end, Walking Innocence Fence was far from perfect, and I rate it 2 out of 4 stars because of the reasons mentioned above. I did not rate it lower because I enjoyed its philosophical discourse. Also, even though I found some errors in it, I suspect it was professionally edited.

Further, I would recommend it to anyone who is strongly against abortion. However, I would caution sensitive readers, as there were some strong ideas in the book that may be upsetting. There were also some ideas that Christians may not like, and so I would caution them too. Lastly, I found some erotic scenes and vulgar words in it.

Walking Innocence Fence
View: on Bookshelves
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by RHD »

I'm not a supporter of abortion as well. However, going by your review, I might skip this one. Thanks for your honest review.

Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Journey Out of Self and Into Christ by Richard Rardin

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

The moral lesson is very vital. I hope teenagers will read and learn from someone else's experience. Great review.

Lilyflower-x2
2019 Reading Goal: 40
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

I like what the book speaks about but based on your review I don't think I will enjoy it.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin

Yvonne Monique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Your comment about not having an idea what the book was about, is kind of discouraging, but the main subject of the book is still an interesting one. Thanks for your honesty.

Olabode Joshua
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 200
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: We're Here Because We're Not All There by William Kenneth Jones
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Wow, wow, wow! Hold it for a sec. These things you mentioned, are they in one book, or subsequent instalments of a series? The author strikes me as someone who has many things going on in their head. I'd like to meet him or her. Thanks for telling us about this book, Elvis.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”