Review by Ediomis_Enwongo01 -- How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Ediomis_Enwongo01 -- How To Be Successful

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is hardly anyone in this life that would like to be identified with failure. Everyone strives to be successful. This is evidenced in the volume of books written by seasoned motivational speakers on success. How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader by M. Curtis McCoy is a breed apart. It is a compilation of true stories and conversations between the author and his cherished friends, and associates. It is actually a product of questions he asked, and the answers he got from leaders he admired.

The author is a believer who showed his dependence on God. There were numerous scriptures quoted from the Bible to point the readers to the underlying success principles therein. He attributed his success to God as the ultimate source. Aside from this, there were also success nuggets scattered across the pages of the book all in a bid to give the readers a new perspective to success.

I liked how well the book was written. M. Curtis McCoy added life to this book by clearly bearing the minds of seasoned entrepreneurs on the subject of success. This he did by interviewing them with some thought-provoking questions. As I read along, I could gauge the passion of the characters for success and how well they laid down the principle to achieve the same. All this made the book look substantial, and consequently, enhanced my enjoyment of this success template.

What I liked most about the book is that it taught me that even the most devastating experience in life can be a springboard to success. The author's health challenge was not a setback but rather a ladder to success. To me, this was a massive encouragement. I learned that the concept of delayed gratification is a salient trait of every successful person. On delayed gratification, the author has this to say. "We buy things we don't need with the money we don't have to impress the people we don't like". Other themes such as self-discipline, tenacity, planning, not giving up, taking a risk, grabbing opportunities, attitude, and problem-solving were carefully weaved into the success model by the author.

There was nothing to disdain about this book. The chapters of the book were well laid out with thoughts of the author, and that of other successful entrepreneurs. Each of the chapters contains a road map to success. This book was expertly edited, which ensued my free flow perusal of the content. There was no single erotic content. There were, however, minimal errors and mild profanities. I'm glad to award this book 4 out of 4 stars, and I prescribe it to the lovers of motivational and self-help books. This success novel contains lessons readers can modify to their circumstances and start living a life above average. It's a reminder that we do not determine what life throws at us but how we react to it is in our power. The content suits all ages, including children. However, the book would appeal more to the Christian audience because of the many biblical references it contains.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”