Review by Sarah713 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah713
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah713.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Sarah713 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Sarah713 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by: Jorge P. Newbery is a memoir of the author himself (Jorge) in the form of a novel. In this book the author takes you on a journey throughout his life from a very young age to present day. Jorge has always been a very hardworking diligent person ever since he was a child. He started his very first job as a newspaper boy at the age of seven, by age eleven, he had already saved up a couple hundred dollars from his routes. Instead of spending his money like a normal kid, he invested his money towards the next challenge he wanted to take on in his life.

Like this, Jorge took on more and more challenges in each stage of his life. He loved to push his boundaries, taking risks and surviving through it’s “burn zones”. Burn Zone is a part of a race that is very tough and painful, you feel like you won’t make it but surviving through this, is what separates the winner from the loser. The winner would try to stay calm as much as possible in a burn zone and focus on the pain as he gets through it instead of panicking because it hurts too much. Taking on risks that others would hesitate towards and working hard and staying diligent through it all was the key to his rising success and the thrill that he lived off of. But perhaps he had taken one too many risks.

One of the challenges that he had taken on ended up being the trigger and cause for his ultimate collapse. Not only was he financially gutted, drowning in unaffordable debt but he was also publicly humiliated. Through the book you will see how he conquers this massive burn zone and once again builds himself back up. One thing I really liked about this book was how motivational it was. Instead of preaching about being diligent and hard working, Jorge rather set an example for us to be diligent and hardworking by sharing his life story through this book.

I would say that this book was exceptionally flawless, and professionally edited, because I could not find even one grammar mistake or a spelling error etc. throughout the entire book. I would honestly rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I would highly recommend this book for anyone who’s looking for something inspirational and interesting to read. Overall, it’s a really good read and a book that I very much enjoyed.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”