Official Review: Digging for God by Tom Hillman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Digging for God by Tom Hillman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Digging for God by Tom Hillman

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Digging for God" by Tom Hillman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

DIGGING FOR GOD is a book written by Tom Hillman about the experiences of living in an ashram. This book is a perfect guide for those who are contemplating going to the ashram, to seek peace and harmony.

The author takes you to an ashram away from the noise and hustle-bustle of the city. The ashram is set in a countryside location close to the ocean and surrounded by beautiful trees and waterfalls. The stay in the ashram is for three weeks, and no women are allowed in the ashram. The food is delicious and mostly vegetarian. On weekends you are free from service and can enjoy trekking or swimming. There is plenty of entertainment in the ashram. At the ashram, each person is fighting his own battle to attain peace and find God. If you are looking for harmony and spirituality, there is no better place than the ashram to start.

What I liked most about this book is that the author shares a detailed timetable followed at the ashram. This timetable gives you a clear picture of what to expect if you are thinking about going to the ashram. There is a designated time for food, prayer, meditation, recreation, and service. People in the ashram are always ready to cooperate, as each one is trying his best to do good. Talking is limited in the ashram. The author tells us that meditation is the essence of the ashram. They have guided and unguided meditation services to help you focus on your quest for God.

There is nothing that I disliked about this book. The author's description of the ashram makes it sound like the best place in the world and heavenly. This book is only 19 pages long, but it has enough information about life in an ashram. The author has written the book in second-person that is a brilliant idea because it takes you through a virtual tour through the ashram and makes you see it through your own eyes. Reading the book will bring a feeling of calmness and will make you appreciate the beauty of living a simple and humble life. The book also tells how meditation helps us to disconnect from the worldly materialistic life and connect with God.

This book is well-written and professionally edited. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to all adults above the age of 18. If you are thinking about going to the ashram and need a firsthand opinion about what you should expect, then this is a must-read book for you.

Digging for God
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Eutoc »

I'd like to know if Ashram is a physical place or a hypothetical place. Your review is quite divine like the book. I enjoyed reading your views on the book.

Tabbi+20
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabbi-20.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Tabbi+20 »

Nice tour to ashram through the review. Thanks.

DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

Eutoc wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 04:50
I'd like to know if Ashram is a physical place or a hypothetical place. Your review is quite divine like the book. I enjoyed reading your views on the book.
This ashram is a real place which the author wants us to experience. Thanks for your comments.

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Ada Ling »

Interesting topic. Thank you for the nice review!

Bertha Jackson
Currently Reading: Hearts of Black
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: It's My Turn by Richard Marcott

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Sounds like an interesting book for someone seeking peace with God. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org

Lilyflower-x2
2019 Reading Goal: 40
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

It is a shame that women are not allowed into ashram. They would also appreciate having such a place to seek God.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin

DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

Lilyflower-x2 wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 11:39
It is a shame that women are not allowed into ashram. They would also appreciate having such a place to seek God.
Not in this Ashram. I am sure there are plenty other Ashram’s which are open to women.

Jonathan chikwanda
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jonathan chikwanda »

Ashram sounds like a perfect place to be, but I wonder why women are not allowed in.
Despite it being a good zone to be, it looks like it's a segregative place because of the fact that women are not allowed...
But either way I still like the content 🙏

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”