Featured Official Review: I Had A Secret For Seventeen Years

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shorouq
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shorouq.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Re: Featured Official Review: I Had A Secret For Seventeen Years

Post by Shorouq »

Great review . I would like to know what her secret was .Its good to know she was healing her pain .
Mrsvance_574
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mrsvance_574 »

This book sounds very relatable for a lot of women who have survived trauma and had to make some hard decisions. I think they could turn to this book and find the courage to heal, forgive themselves, and well as the people that had a part in their trauma.
Mrsvance_574
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mrsvance_574 »

This book sounds very relatable for a lot of women who have survived trauma and had to make some hard decisions. I think they could turn to this book and find the courage to heal, forgive themselves, and well as the people that had a part in their trauma.
Moocow1213
Currently Reading: Empath Ebook
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moocow1213.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Moocow1213 »

This sounds like a heart breaking book, which touches on deep subjects like trauma. I do believe that this book could help others to heal as well. Will definitely be giving this book a read.
Student, book obsessed and a spiritual individual
'Trust the process'
Shane19144
Currently Reading: Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shane19144 »

It's a touching and very strong boom to read. It's realtible for many people who have gone through turama I would like to read more about it
Sieria

Post by Sieria »

This is something all woman need to read. Hearing another woman’s story on how she felt and how abortion can make a woman feel is amazing.
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Wonderful review! Your review has been helpful and provided me great insight about this book. It's nice that the author shared her story. I know it couldn't have been easy and for that I commend her.
Jaylynn852

Post by Jaylynn852 »

Wow sad to live with it for so long.
Faithcalls

Post by Faithcalls »

The authors story is insightful, haunting and compassionate all rolled in together. The book takes you through the inner thoughts and demons of carrying such a hugh life changing secret such as an obortion. However, the author writes in an self deprecating manner at times. The tone of the book is nonjudgemental even though faith plays a roll in the author's later life.
Readers should be aware of the emotional turmoil described in the book. Nevertheless, this book is honest and emtionally gripping.
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

I cannot begin to imagine the pain and the guilt that tore Tori for many years. I love that she was set free from these in the end.
walkerfamily_1

Post by walkerfamily_1 »

It's very heartwarming that the author of this book choose to share her story with the world after keeping it all bottled up for seventeen years this book is a very interesting book to read

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”