Official Review: Pillars of Succcess

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Pillars of Succcess by Jack Canfield, Harriet Tinka, Dr. Allen Lycka

Official Review: Pillars of Succcess

Post by mmm17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pillars of Succcess" by Jack Canfield, Harriet Tinka, Dr. Allen Lycka.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Pillars of Success, by Jack Canfield, Harriet Tinka, and Dr. Allen Lycka, intends to help readers in the pursuit of their goals. The book revolves around resilience and perseverance. Several knowledgeable people share their methods and remarkable experiences throughout this non-fiction title; reading it felt like talking to wise mentors. Moreover, since the book entails chapters written by various people from all walks of life, it felt like having a multidisciplinary group of life coaches.

A noteworthy positive aspect is that the book has a hands-on approach. For instance, I liked the exploration of harnessing the power of visualization, and there’s also a useful explanation of the S.M.A.R.T. formula for writing goals and objectives. I also liked the part about the importance of calibrating our responses, which includes a valuable formula: “Event + Response = Outcome.” These practical and actionable tips were what I liked the most about it.

I particularly enjoyed two chapters. Firstly, the chapter about empowering women in technology, written by Nicole Scheffler. She skillfully demonstrates how gender parity in technology can boost creativity and innovation, and she presents evidence of how business and society can benefit from increasing ratios of women in technology. I was glad to learn that there are solid statistics that point to the success and increased productivity of more diverse teams. Secondly, I appreciated a chapter called “Going Through Dark Nights.” In these difficult pandemic times, it surely hit home.

There are several remarkable stories, and these people’s bits of advice and life experiences, especially their methods, make the book a beacon of hope in these tumultuous times we are living. Dr. Allen Lycka, one of the most respected cosmetic dermatologists in the world, shares his story of survival. When diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS), doctors gave him just six months to live. Still, he courageously persisted. “Bring Your Enthusiasm Every Day” is his motto.

It’s good to know that people have the power to overcome adversities and achieve their goals in life. I admired the authors’ methods, lines of reasoning, and recommendations. Besides being qualified and experienced, they are passionate about the subject, and the chapters are well-structured. I believe that most people will relate to at least a couple of them.

In closing, I gladly rate Pillars of Success 4 out of 4 stars. The book bears a hopeful message. Also, it seemed professionally edited, and there was nothing I disliked about it. Kudos to the authors for sharing their wisdom with the readers. They sure make great mentors. I believe the book will mostly appeal to those who need a boost of motivation in their lives.

Pillars of Succcess
View: on Bookshelves

Callme joan
Currently Reading: HO Tactics
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Callme joan »

Any book that goves hope and motivation draws me in. I will definitely read this book to understand the chapter about empowering women in technology as well as get bits of advice from their life experiences. Thank you for the great review.

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Ada Ling »

I would also be interested in the chapter of empowering women. Would like to take a look at this book if there is a chance. Thank you!

Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

First the collaboration of the three authors seems to be fantastic, have read a lot from them, I therefore believe this book will meet my expectations
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence

Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Nqobile771 »

Books wherein authors selflessly share their experiences, methods and secrets of success are to be valued. That is mentorship on another level. Tahanks for the review.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kola-wole.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kola+wole »

Jack Canfield and his co-authors do excellent jobs in bringing to light insights, stories and experiences will help the reader realize that there are others who have passed through the same challenging situations and have been able to overcome. Excellent review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”