Review by Jeff Kanda -- How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Review by Jeff Kanda -- How To Be Successful

Post by Jeff Kanda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Can you define success? What do you know about it? Do you believe in other people’s success stories? Would you really like to be inspired and get motivated? How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader is a non-fictional book that will guide you in finding the success you deserve. The author of this great book is M. Curtis McCoy.

The author was was once diagnosed with Type-1 diabetes and malignant brain tumor and I was greatly impressed by how he really struggled with his health problems and and his desire to build something that will help others and himself. The book has details about the author’s life depicting his struggles to find his success. Details of the some successful people who M. Curtis McCoy had interviewed like Jeff Wobig, Connie Wyatt, Caujuan Mayo and others are also present in the book.

Narrated from the second person point’s of view, the book has some questions that makes a reader to reflect on his/her life. I appreciate the author for these questions because, personally, I also asked myself these questions. I even took a notebook and a pen and wrote a lot about myself and some characters in this book! Just read this book and I bet it, you will greatly be inspired! You will learn more about essential lessons like practising delayed gratification, becoming an “overnight success”, the art of saying “no”, six keys to building quality friendships and many more.

What I liked most about this book is inclusion of several inspirational quotes. I liked the inclusion of bible verses in the book too. They contribute a lot in getting the reader inspired. I also liked the several headings present . Readers can pause severally as they analyse what they have just read before proceeding to the details under the headings that follow. Details in this wonderful book are vividly described.

There is absolutely nothing that I disliked about this book. I only found one grammatical error that can be corrected by editing the book just once. The error did not detract me from my overall enjoyment of the book and I therefore reward it a rating of four out of four stars because of the author’s exceptional writing skills. I recommend this book to all readers who have the desire to be successful in their life. Read this book and you will learn how to be successful!

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Looks like this is a very useful book, especially for those who are suffering from illness. The author's experience may be encouraging them in their fight.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Success is ambiguous though! Anyway, I would love to read the author's views. Thanks for the review and recommendation.
Rashida10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashida10.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD

Post by Rashida10 »

I’ve read quite a lot about this book and it seems the author has taken a huge step in providing guidelines toward becoming a success in life. I enjoyed your review.
pablo10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo10.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by pablo10 »

People overcoming personal problems to find success are always inspiring. Thanks for the detailed review.
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

This book was an eye opener for me. I am glad you felt the same way about the book. Thanks for a detailed review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I’ve read this book and found it pretty useful. I enjoyed reading your review. Great job!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”