Review by Hilda Gatwiri -- How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hilda Gatwiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hilda-gatwiri.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Review by Hilda Gatwiri -- How To Be Successful

Post by Hilda Gatwiri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Be Succesful by M. Curtis McCoy is a motivational and inspirational book. The novel comprises of interviews of successful entrepreneurs who share their stories on how they became succesful.
This book is based on true stories of the author and other individuals that he interviewed.

McCoy was diagnosed with diabetes at only 27 months old. Later in life he was diagnosed with brain cancer but he did not let his disability and illness deter him from pursuing his dreams of being an entrepreneur. The other individuals interviewed are Jeff "Biggs" Wobig, Connie Wyatts, Paul B. Watson, Eric Payne, Caujaun Mayo, Nathan Schulhof and Jeff McGregory. They all share their weaknesses, strengths, how they started out and their pivotal points to being successful. They are all asked questions by McCoy and they give very well detailed answers which offer great motivation. They narrate their stories and recall some of their life situations and how they influenced their success.

The thing I loved most about this book is how easy to read it was. The order of the interviews which was question and answer pattern makes it easy to understand the book. The interviews are well put together and the stories are very alluring. The strengths, weakness and insights of every individual are clearly articulated. I also loved how the book teaches on how to meet new friends, how to deal with customer and the insights on attitudes and behaviours that influence the success of one's business. The way the author uses different people to share different insights which are all inspiring is such a great style.

Reading all these stories about people who faced challenges, overcame the challenges and became successful is so inspiring. I applaud the editorial team as I did not come across any typing or grammatical errors in the book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is very inspirational and informative in alot of life aspects. The author uses simple language, the style and diction is simple and easy to understand. Their is no vulgar language. The story flows in a very interesting and exciting way.

I recommend this book to all aspiring entrepreneurs as it contains great principles on how to succeed in business. I would also recommend it to anyone who needs to feel motivated by the success journeys of others. I feel very empowered after reading this book and I believe what I have learnt from this book will help me succeed in my business. I highly recommend.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”