Official Review: From a Legend of Darkness into Poems of ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: From a Legend of Darkness into Poems of ...

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From a Legend of Darkness into Poems of Hope" by Antionette Campbell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Too often, people get encouraged by other people's experiences. However, knowing that someone has gone through the same thing that you are probably going through now gives you the strength to face the situation and not give up until you get a breakthrough. From a Legend and Kingdom of Darkness into Poems of Hope is Antionette Campbell's way of sharing her experiences with the world.

The author recounted how God helped her to be free from the pains and memories of her childhood. These experiences included molestations and abuse from her father and other family members. She narrated how she struggled with depression, survived several suicidal attempts, spent time in psychiatric homes, overdosed on drugs, smoked cocaine, got high on alcohol, and became homeless for a short time. Her lifestyle led to messed-up relationships, abortions and miscarriages, and several vehicle accidents, of which one put her in a comatose state for a while. Her story moved from the reckless life she led to where she wrote poems of encouragement and hope. She often wrote to grieving families who had someone undergoing major surgery or involved in an accident or death. She put together a detailed account of her transformation in this book.

Although the book contains her experience and advice, it is mostly filled with poems. The taste of poetry adds a different touch to the book. It plays around readers' emotions and engages their minds.

In the book, the author expressed her disgust towards sexual abuse. Also, her stand on abortion was this:
Only God is entitled to determine its end of life. The deliberate destruction of human life without cause is sin, punishable by death.
She carefully constructed poems, words of encouragement, and prayers for victims of any form of abuse. She also offered advice for those addicted to immoral sexual preferences and sexual abusers. She was careful not to judge or criticize them as most people would do. This was what I liked most about the book.

This book was also a depot of pain — both physical and emotional. I could feel the author's pain throughout the read. Though I thought that it made the book a little melancholic, I could understand that the author had been through a lot. Therefore, there was logically nothing I disliked about this book.

Although I found a few errors in the book, it didn't affect my enjoyment of the book. The book seemed to be professionally edited. Therefore, I would rate the book four out of four stars. I recommend it to everyone, especially those going through challenging situations.

From a Legend of Darkness into Poems of Hope
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Callme joan
Currently Reading: HO Tactics
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Callme joan »

This sounds like a very emotional book. I'm not sure if i would enjoy too much poetry ,but that is not a reason not to read it. I will definitely checknit out to see her view on different issues. Thank you for the great review.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I guess it's true that there is a rainbow in every cloud. This book definitely deserves space in my bookshelf. Thanks for the review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”