Review by eri_czennie04 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
eri_czennie04
Favorite Book: Elevation
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eri-czennie04.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review by eri_czennie04 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by eri_czennie04 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When I was on my 7th grade, our Values teacher asked us which foundation our beliefs leaning to: scientific or biblical teachings. I could still remember how each of us chose different sides. We explained what we had picked and conferred justifiable reasons. It created heated arguments and became a mocking competition to see which side would lose words to counter back.

Before he ended his lecture, to conclude, he shared his thoughts for us to see that we don't need to choose which of them is real or absolute. He believes both can co-exist without creating comparison. He emphasized that both ideas support each other, that there are things that can explain by Science, around its scope, and the inexplicable ones is where faith enters.

It is one of the memories I cherish the most. I cannot forget the wisdom, and it's the reason why it led me to this book, Biblical Clock. I wanted to delve in deeper and have a wider scope on this conjoined paradigm.

The book was based to the author's experiences and knowledge on sciences and religion, more particularly Judaism. He divided the book into three discussions: The Genesis One Code, The Broken Gift, and The Roadmap to End of Days. He also informed the readers that the first nine chapters were based on events that was recorded in history or through his extensive researches. On the contrary, the 10th chapter is a fiction, considerably, since it will discuss the End of Days. I would also like to make it clear that the author doesn't want to discredit or mock others perception. His work is mainly to support his claim that the religion and science can complement each other. Additionally, since this book can not be done in one-sitting, it is important to read the author's note or guide for you to be able to understand better the content and the resolution that he was emphasizing.

There are several tenures and names that may seem unaccostumed to you. However, it will not hinder you to fathom them because you just need to click those underlined blue-colored words and it will direct you to the glossary of that exact word. Pictures in monochrome, graphs, tables and figures can give you a glimpse of a certain thing that he was describing in the context. It also made each chapter interesting to read and look at.Lastly, I highly recommend this book if you are planning to make a study about science and religion considering that he putted and compiled the sources that he used to create this study this is why I would rate this book 4 out of 4.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”