Official Review: Humanity's Greatest Discovery

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibetious
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 49
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Official Review: Humanity's Greatest Discovery

Post by Kibetious »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Humanity's Greatest Discovery" by Bob Keller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The question of life after death is probably as old as humanity itself. A conversation ensues among four travelers, a driver and three hitchhikers, on the way. They are discussing the question of life after death and the path that leads to this. There are two believers and two skeptics in the vehicle. All of them have different backgrounds and hence are faced with distinct questions and concerns, and the answers they receive vary as well. The questions range from contradictions and discoveries in the Bible that are inconsistent with scientific laws to those arising from other world views.

The reader looks with bewilderment at a world so spectacular in all its beauty and wonder and yet filled with suffering. We are made to appreciate that sometimes obstacles, as minute as they can be, have to be taken out of the way for people to comprehend more significant concerns. What is even more mesmerizing is that there is a dog who pays attention to this group of ‘two-leggeds’ and enjoys their company and care as well. This faithful companion is neutral but keen; he gladly welcomes their gestures of love.

I was led to reflect on many issues while poring over this book. The main one was the convergence of science and religion. The book reveals how science and religion do not necessarily have to be antagonistic by discussing issues like evolution. Consequently, the author notes every field of study needs to be addressed with a methodology appropriate to the subject. For instance, he states that one cannot utilize a microscope to observe stars or a telescope to examine the cell. This calls for one to handle what they comprehend well while accepting that some complex topics and concerns ought to be addressed by those experienced in specific areas.

So, why should you consider reading Humanity’s Greatest Discovery by Bob Keller? The book comprises twenty chapters only and presents a lot of information on science and religion. One thing that will fascinate readers is that it presents a summary of facts and conclusions from other books and refers readers to them for extensive reading. This style of presentation did not lessen the impact of the book but made it possible for one to learn much without having to peruse countless lengthy works. Consequently, anyone who wants to discover more can purchase any book as they are included in the bibliography. Quotations were effectively used to add credibility to the arguments in the book. As a result, the text became more convincing.

The language used in the book was straightforward, and editing was professionally done as well. What I liked most in the book was the writing style. I was intrigued by the amount of information one could glean from the conversation of the four travelers. God’s concern for the poor was sufficiently expressed through scriptures from the Bible and charity works operated by believers. I also benefited immensely from the lessons on how to read and interpret the Old Testament. The only thing I disliked was that the bibliography was very long. This was due to personal preference, though, and did not detract from the overall enjoyment of the book.

I heartily rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. All avid theologians, Christians, and seekers will find great resources and publications on very many topics like apologetics and prayer. Therefore, I recommend the book to all readers who like reading books on science and religion. It requires one to be open-minded to the fact that every field must be approached with the right methodology.

Humanity's Greatest Discovery
View: on Bookshelves
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

Anna Dougherty
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-dougherty.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Anna Dougherty »

I am also intrigued about life after death, and I think I'll like this book! Thank you for your review!

Ariana baris
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ariana baris »

I think life after death would be really interesting, and I thank you for your book review

Adu Boahene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Adu Boahene »

Wow. This book sounds quite intriguing. I love the subject of methodology. Systematic approach to life is what we all need. Being open minded and looking at the world from different dimensions is just what humanity needs. No need to be too conflicting with each other's views, just understanding that though we are the same, we have our differences. And there is nothing that can make someone discard their beliefs just like that because another disagrees. Superb review 👌 :D

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Ada Ling »

" life after death" - no people can answer this question. But would like to know the author's thoughts. Thank you for bringing this book to our attention.

Kelyn
2019 Reading Goal: 35
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 188
Currently Reading: Into the Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelyn.html
Latest Review: The Watcher Book One In The Valleys Of The Earth by R.R. Rose
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Kelyn »

I doubt I'll be reading this one but I'm guessing the discussions of life after death and how science and biblical theory can exist at the same time were fascinating. Thanks for the reference!
I think it's a good thing that life isn't fair...if it was, it would mean we deserve all the bad things that happen to us. :eusa-think: - Marcus - Deep Space Nine

Slater678
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slater678.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Slater678 »

The afterlife is a subject I also find myself pondering. I'll be interested to read the author's views on this. Thanks for the insightful review.

Tablito
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Tablito »

Science and religion don't have to be antagonistic when it comes to varying issues.

adhambakry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adhambakry.html
Latest Review: Confessions of a Manaholic by P. Pierre

Post by adhambakry »

Thanks for the review! I might give this book a try, It seems interesting.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”