Review by Suesea -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Suesea
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suesea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Review by Suesea -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Suesea »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD, is an in-depth look at possible natural treatments for stress and anxiety. The author has excellent credentials as a physician which is incredibly important because some self-help books are not as trustworthy. In this book, the author indicates natural steps for relieving stress and anxiety, and when necessary, he specifies the dosage of herbs or amino acids that one would need to find relief. He also clarifies when someone might be at risk taking the herbs and organics he lists and what could happen if a person takes too much. In one instance, death could be the result. Thankfully, Dr. Kinrys gives appropriate dosage information, but it is important to thoroughly read his guidelines.

Dr. Kinrys mentions that most people suffer from stress and anxiety for ten years before seeking help. Regrettably, the stigma of mental illness is still strong in the United States. The US is a country that prides itself on strength, productivity, self-reliance, and independence. It focuses its resources on the most productive within society and tends to ignore the needs of the infirmed and vulnerable. Working people, in general, are respected within society. People on the outskirts of society, the fringes, tend to be ignored, discriminated against, and abandoned. Having a mental illness is a cultural taboo in the US and that's why many mentally ill people are homeless, in prison, or commit suicide. There is no appropriate care for them or even bed space in hospitals. There are many forms of mental illness that result in anxiety and stress, but some mental illness is simply a form of an anxiety disorder that compounds life-related stress.

What I liked most about this book is that it is an excellent resource for people who know something is wrong, but who do not want to be medicated, hospitalized, or to have any record that they visited a psychologist or psychiatrist. This book provides a way for a person to find relief without having to face the stigma. Dr. Kinrys does an excellent job of providing many options. If you are taking medications for something else that may conflict with the organics and herbs he recommends, you can move on to learn about meditation, journaling, the benefits of exercise, and Yoga. He also discusses certain foods that may help alleviate stress and provides a long grocery list in the back of the book. There are also tables in the back of the book to consolidate all the information he has given in a more concise format. That way, if you have a favorite, you can easily follow along with the information in the table, or if you feel like trying something else, you can find a different table. This book was written in helpful, thoughtful ways, to make life easier for people who may be struggling.

There wasn't anything I disliked most about this book. I suppose if I had to choose one thing, it would be that towards the end of reading the long list of herbs and organics, it began to feel like an advertisement. The author eventually switches gears to new territory as he discusses natural remedies and alternative remedies. I loved the information on meditation and mindfulness. Since I am rapid cycling bipolar, I may incorporate a few of these processes into my relaxation plan.

This is an excellent book and it may save lives. A lot of people suffer in silence, afraid to get help. Anxiety and stress can affect all areas of a person's life and become so difficult that the person isolates and ends up without needed support. This is when the danger of suicide may approach and people begin to feel that they have no hope or no help is available. A book like this provides help for those who cannot reach out. I would recommend this book to anyone because we all face times of anxiety and stress and need to know healthy ways to cope. The editing in this book is professionally done. It's a smooth read. It's probably a book that's more geared toward adults, but seeing the high rate of teenage suicide, I'm glad it's a choice for them as well. I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 . It can make a difference and lessen human suffering if the steps within it are carefully followed.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
adhambakry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adhambakry.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by adhambakry »

Thanks for the review! The book is very informative and pragmatic, I loved it.
Suesea
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suesea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Suesea »

adhambakry wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 06:37 Thanks for the review! The book is very informative and pragmatic, I loved it.
You're welcome! It definitely provides a lot of alternatives. Thanks for your reply.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like an outstanding read! Natural and alternative remedies to fights stress and anxiety are really worth studying. Thanks for a great review!
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

I agree with the author that natural methods can be of great help to relieve stress.

Your review was insightful. Great job!.
Pluma
Favorite Book: Wonks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pluma.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Pluma »

This is a very important topic, and I’m glad there is a book like this out there that discusses these often-stigmatised subjects in depth as well as offering some solutions. Thank you for your thorough review!
Shalika_G_17
Currently Reading: Code of Capricorn
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shalika-g-17.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shalika_G_17 »

I'd love to read this book. I have anxiety issues and I hope this book will help me. Thank you for your review!
Nemzy Nemzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemzy-nemzy.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nemzy Nemzy »

I'm grateful for Gustavo Kinrys' natural relief for stress and anxiety for helping me find inner peace.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”