Review by Alexander6117 -- Natural Relief for Anxiety an...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander6117
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander6117.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Review by Alexander6117 -- Natural Relief for Anxiety an...

Post by Alexander6117 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide is a book that certainly lives up to its name. The writers, Gustavo Kinrys, M.D. and Alexandra Gold, M.A., provide readers with a plethora of ways to help reduce anxiety and stress. Whether you suffer from daily anxiety or just occasional stress, this book will have something to offer for anyone with those issues.

Most people experience some level of anxiety or stress, and that isn’t a bad thing. This guide starts out by saying this, and that some stress can even be good! However, it points out that if this stress starts to decrease your quality of life, it has become unhealthy and should be managed. Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide details what specific supplements, exercises, and therapies may be helpful for those with anxiety or stress.

I really enjoyed this guide, and found it very easy to read through. I like that it included thorough definitions of stress, anxiety, and cognitive disorders in order to give readers a better background on what these things are and how they can affect your life. The way the chapters were split up allowed me to easily go directly to the topics that most interested me. There were also several helpful charts at the end of the book that provided brief summaries of all the methods mentioned previously.

I appreciated how the authors were very transparent in what the benefits and drawbacks of each method (specifically supplements) were. The suggested doses and details on how each supplement worked in the body were included. No specific thing was touted as being a miracle treatment, and it was frequently advised to speak with a medical professional before beginning some of the regimens. There was also a selection of further reading at the end so that readers wanting to learn more could quickly have access to that information.

I rate Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide 4 out of 4 stars. It seemed to be very well edited because I could not find any grammatical errors or typos in it. There was nothing that I disliked about the book. Though it did have some more in-depth scientific definitions, it always explained them in a way that was easily understandable. Overall, I believe anyone that could benefit from learning how to manage anxiety and stress would greatly appreciate this guide.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nemzy Nemzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemzy-nemzy.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nemzy Nemzy »

Kinrys' approach encourages a mindful and compassionate attitude towards oneself while navigating anxiety.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”