Official Review: The Amazing Link by Jon Dario

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 351
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Official Review: The Amazing Link by Jon Dario

Post by Fazzier »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Amazing Link" by Jon Dario.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In businesses or even personal endeavors, nothing is as impressive as having the ability to consistently achieve good results. Generally, this ability usually makes one feel like having some control over their tasks, and thus, leads to peace of mind. And when it comes to businesses, it can also translate to higher profits for the profit-making enterprises. It is developing this ability that's the core of this book.

In this practical, hands-on management guidebook, The Amazing Link: How Managers Can Get Great Results from Good Ideas, Jon Dario takes us through step-by-step discussions of how managers can achieve consistent execution, a link that connects good ideas with good results. He journeys us through how managers can consistently and sustainably achieve success for the businesses they lead. That obviously requires some skill-set, and in this book, the author proposes four critical management behaviors that, when properly adopted, can enable managers to optimally utilize their team members for consistent, good results. All these have been aptly and succinctly presented, and I was glad that they are not only eye-opening but also executable.

One of the things readers will readily realize about The Amazing Link is that it is exceptionally organized and expertly executed. The author ensured a certain, though subtle, repetitive structure in discussing the four management behaviors that, in several ways, enhanced my understanding of the book and the overall listening experience. I appreciated that he began each discussion with why those skills are important, and then, went ahead to the broad details of how to acquire them. I also liked the fact that the ideas have been cross-referenced, and where there were citations, credits given to those due. But that's not all. At the end of each of the chapters, the author provides a checklist of the concepts discussed in the previous chapters, and they perfectly summarize the ideas and further enhance understanding. Those, coupled with the author's easy-to-understand approach in presenting his concepts, made me enjoy this book more, and so, I believe managers will really learn a lot from this remarkable management guidebook.

My favorite aspect of this book was the author's apparent expertise in management. There is nothing as good as realizing that you're reading a book by someone who has had practical, hands-on experience on the subject they are writing about. Jon solidifies his discussions with various experiences he had in his many years in the management of retail businesses. For the most part, I felt that managers in retail businesses will tremendously gain from this book since the author has already provided insights that they can directly apply.

All in all, I didn't find anything to dislike about this book. John T. Lewis (the narrator) did a great job with this Audible book as it is clear and professionally narrated, and so, there was no part I had to repeat due to clarity issues. I'm, therefore, glad to award The Amazing Link: How Managers Can Get Great Results from Good Ideas by Jon Dario 4 out of 4 stars.

For managers at any capacity, be it executive or frontline ones, I highly recommend this. I also recommend it for entrepreneurs in small businesses since they also usually perform the managerial roles themselves, and this book has just the kind of information they need. On the other hand, I can't find anyone to caution against picking this, except for those not really interested in the genre. And lastly, as you grab a copy of this audiobook, you should note that the narrator provides website links to free audiobook supplements to cater to the tools available in the written formats. This means no extra money has to be spent to fully utilize this book, which is advantageous.

The Amazing Link
View: on Bookshelves
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

Lessons delivered from a place of experience will always have an impact. Thanks for the review.
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

I'm not sure this book is for me but it sounds like the author did a great job. Thanks for your great review!
Kevivas03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kevivas03.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Kevivas03 »

This "Amazing link" that Jon talks about is the difference between business success and failure. As an entrepreneur in the making, I really appreciate insightful books such as these.
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

I think this book is going to help me. I am going to read the book. Thanks for the review.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

Thanks for the review. Business development management skills are easy to embrace if they come from a renowned source.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”