Official Review: Do it NOW by Javen Campbell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Official Review: Do it NOW by Javen Campbell

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Do it NOW" by Javen Campbell.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do It NOW is an impressive motivational book covering the best methods for one to start on the road to immediately improving their life. Javen, the book's author, offers almost limitless methods to help readers see that it's not their past or their future situations but what's going on in their life now that needs to be given attention. In explaining the importance of capturing one's Now Moments and Now Seasons before they slip by, Do It NOW is rich in both wisdom and self-help exercises that can help nearly every reader succeed in life.

As one of the very first self-help books I've ever read, I must say that Javen's Do It NOW is a very important and useful book. While reading, I found myself becoming increasingly convinced by his teachings. Mostly, I enjoyed how the book was presented, as it served to inform and encourage as much as it did to entertain. Javen's frequent usage of anecdotal stories and brilliant metaphors -- such as using the story of a man and three intimidating bulls of various sizes to signify life’s missed opportunities -- helped me to better understand the points Javen pressed. As I am a learner through stories and experiences, the anecdotes were a welcome addition to the book's informational nature.

I further appreciated Javen's inclusion of the chapter summaries and practice sections (which coach readers on how to start working on improving themselves immediately) at the end of each chapter, resembling a textbook. However, Javen also made sure to incorporate song lyrics, personal pictures, and biographical content and quotes from other successful people who have maximized the potential of their Now Seasons.

Finally, I really enjoyed how relatable the book was -- just as it was meant to be. I felt many of my deepest weaknesses pointed out throughout the book and readily welcomed the potential pathways toward self-improvement Javen presented that I could really apply to my life.

I did find quite a few obvious grammar, punctuation, and formatting errors, unfortunately. For this reason, I am forced to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. As this book has a strong religious theme and speaks frequently about God, religious faith, and includes scriptures, I would certainly recommend this book to mostly Christian readers, as well as to anyone else currently dissatisfied with their situation who wouldn't mind reading this book. Those who are looking to improve their lives and who want to start on that path immediately will take great benefit in reading this novel.

Do it NOW
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Chivdi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chivdi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chivdi »

Any book meant to improve my life is a welcome. Thanks for the Great review.
123Esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-123esther.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by 123Esther »

Thanks for recommendations, I love motivational books.
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

This book are good for those individuals who likes procrastinating. Thanks for the detailed review
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

Procrastinating is very common in our life. This is a book can offer some solution. Thank you for bringing this book to our attention.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I have enjoyed Javen’s music for years. (My absolute favorite song of his is “Fresh Oil.”) I’m glad he has written such a helpful book.
Thank you for a great review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I like that the motivational book is relatable and I look forward to reading it. Nice review, thanks.
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: Homo Technica by Stephan Collina

Post by Njokime »

I think I will try reading this book. Mostly because of the procrastination part.
Tablito
Favorite Book: The Mountain and The Goat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Tablito »

The personal pictures must have added a personal touch to the book.
kasfy_allama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasfy-allama.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Post by kasfy_allama »

I think I need this book due to many plans in my head but only a few that already executed. Thank you for the nice review!
Chivdi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chivdi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chivdi »

This sounds like a wonderful self help book. Thank you for your nice review.
Drado_27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drado-27.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Drado_27 »

This book reminds me of a "Power of Now" . Enjoyed that one, so I'll probably enjoy this one too. Great review!
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

kasfy_allama wrote: 08 Sep 2020, 04:38 I think I need this book due to many plans in my head but only a few that already executed. Thank you for the nice review!
Njokime wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 09:17 I think I will try reading this book. Mostly because of the procrastination part.
Phelicia Gloria wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 11:33 This book are good for those individuals who likes procrastinating. Thanks for the detailed review
Ada Ling wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 12:56 Procrastinating is very common in our life. This is a book can offer some solution. Thank you for bringing this book to our attention.
I'm back from a long hiatus and am obviously amazingly late to see your comments! :cry:
Procrastination is our life's most suppressive beast. I also enjoyed this book because it helped me recognize in just how many areas of my life I procrastinate. Thank you for your kind comments!
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

Chivdi wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 00:29 Any book meant to improve my life is a welcome. Thanks for the Great review.
Chivdi wrote: 08 Sep 2020, 05:49 This sounds like a wonderful self help book. Thank you for your nice review.
Tablito wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 12:27 The personal pictures must have added a personal touch to the book.
Slater678 wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 06:21 I like that the motivational book is relatable and I look forward to reading it. Nice review, thanks.
123Esther wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 06:17 Thanks for recommendations, I love motivational books.
Drado_27 wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 14:45 This book reminds me of a "Power of Now" . Enjoyed that one, so I'll probably enjoy this one too. Great review!
I'm obviously notoriously late seeing your comments after my nearly year-long hiatus :shock2: Thank you for your wonderful comments! I hope this book gives/gave you something to really reflect on. It certainly worked some magic on me and my dark history with procrastination.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”