Review by jfinigan -- The Secrets To Living A Fantastic...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jfinigan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jfinigan.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Review by jfinigan -- The Secrets To Living A Fantastic...

Post by jfinigan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life..." by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Secrets to Living a Fantastic Life
Authors - Dr. Allen Lyckaand Harriet Tinka
I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The reason I gave The Secret to Living a Fantastic Life this rating is because it is a very inspirational book. It is a true story of Dr. Allen Lykaand and Harriet Tinka. Both of these people overcame some great odds in life. They share their incredible journey and give great insights in what it means to overcome such adverse conditions. The book is professionally edited and is without any minor errors which I find very refreshing.

In reading this book, I would say that the audience for this book would be young teens to older adults. It is entertaining as well as inspiring. I don’t believe younger children would quite enjoy it because it is too advanced in reading for that level. For young teens and older teens, this book would give them a glimpse into how to live a fantastic life.

The premise of this book is how to live a fantastic life. Dr. Allen Lyckaand and Harriet Tinka wrote this in a dialogue style. They both had traumatic events in the lives that affected the way they think about life and how to get past trauma. They reveal 13 golden pearls for living a fantastic life. As I read this book, I was engaged in their dialogue as if I could hear them talking. The 13 pearls are things that we probably use every day without know it. Although the traumas in their lives were different, they were able to relate to each other in a positive and uplifting way.

For me this book was great. I enjoyed reading their take on how to live a fantastic life. It was very insightful and entertaining. The combination of seriousness and humor kept me reading it and also stopping to reflect on my life. Dr. Allen and Harriet have compassion and a great sense of honesty through out this book. They will make you think about how you can live well.

One of the most fascinating aspects of this book was the stories intertwined through out the book to explain a certain point they were trying to get across. The 13 Golden Pearls revealed in this book are things you may not think about but can use every day. The wisdom and honesty in which they portray themselves gives you a sense of hope and enlightenment. There really anything that I disliked about this book. I would read it again and refer to it many times.

The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life...
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
rachna_r
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itsrachna.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by rachna_r »

The book is really inspiring . I have the same viewpoint on book except that the conversation wasn't very interesting.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”