Review by rondanoh1 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rondanoh1
Favorite Book: 101 Dalmations
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd edition
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rondanoh1.html
Latest Review: Do You Believe Jesus? by John A Popken
Reading Device: B07K1RZWMC

Review by rondanoh1 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by rondanoh1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Humans have tried to understand the origin of the Universe for centuries, and scholars have tried to explain it for as long. Science and Creation seem to be in opposition. In The Biblical Clock (The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity With God’s Plan), Daniel Friedmann with Dania Sheldon has come close to melding the two ideas. The author mixes research with storytelling and brings his ideas to life.

Friedmann presents the idea that God set the Universe, including Earth, in motion billions of years ago. Science calls this the Big Bang Theory. He also postulates that God created living things on Earth as we know it only a few thousand years ago. These suppositions bring both the Biblical and the Scientific view more into alignment. He also talks about the concept of “bara,” which is creating something from nothing. He suggests that the beginning of the Universe is one such time. At other times God created something from something (using natural building blocks), which he did with plants and animals; thus, these creations could go through a change or evolve. But he says that God used bara again when He breathed life into Adam. Although Adam came from dust something from something, his soul was created as something from nothing. Friedmann theorizes that before the Creation of humanity, a day for God was the equivalent of 1,000 years.

Throughout history, scholars worked to explain Creation based on Science and the Bible. They also studied how humanity can return to the perfection of the Garden of Eden. Friedmann studied these scholars’ works and, in this book, writes descriptions about what might have happened during the time these men were alive. To illustrate what may happen in the End Times, Friedmann wrote a fictional story of events and how we can get back to the perfection of the Garden. These stories made the book more enjoyable to read. There are many other theories about humanities’ march through time.

I enjoyed reading The Biblical Clock (The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan) since I have often thought we humans have tried to make things too polarized on how our Universe started. Science and Biblical events don’t have to oppose each other or be mutually exclusive. This book shows how the two can work together.

The thing I liked least was that the author wrote from his perspective as a person who doesn’t seem to believe Jesus is the Messiah. I think he could have been more objective in this concept. Also, in the e-book version, there are many links to references and glossary. If you follow them, it is distracting because it isn’t easy to return to the main text without excessive scrolling.

The thing I liked most about the book is that the author used storytelling to make what he researched more enjoyable. I also enjoyed that he melded the Biblical and Scientific theories into one. It looks like the book was professionally edited since I found no grammatical or punctuation errors. I give The Biblical Clock (The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity With God’s Plan) 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to any adult who is open-minded about each side of this Creation debate.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”