Review by enna_idEsrun -- The Secrets To Living A Fanta...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
enna_idEsrun
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enna-idesrun.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Review by enna_idEsrun -- The Secrets To Living A Fanta...

Post by enna_idEsrun »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life..." by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Secrets to Living a Fantastic Life is an amazingly inspired book in which authors Dr Allen Lycka and Harriet Tinka offer 13 timeless truths to unlocking the secrets to life's happiness. The premise that adversity may not eclipse living a fantastic life is explored by the authors in this precious book. Beginning with the topic of Love and ending with Empowerment, each point is metaphorically offered as a golden pearl waiting to be received. As a bonus, the authors grant a surprise pearl to address the emotion of fear in the final chapter. The book builds on the concept, "It's not what happens to you; it's what yo do with what happens" and is a manifestation of what Dr Lycka and Harriet did with the traumas they themselves experienced.

When Dr Lycka was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease as was given the grim prognosis of having only 6 months to live, he was left feeling confused, angry and hopeless. Harriet's experience was different, but just as harrowing. After being brutally attacked, stabbed and left for dead by the hands of a once trusted friend, Harriet is plunged into a state of anger and despair. In this book, the two collaborate to demonstrate how their adversity led them to discover the true secrets to life's happiness.

The tone of this book is very light and breezy; it invokes a cheerful mood in the reader. You can almost see the authors in a cafe joking and chatting over coffee with light jazzy music playing in the background. The format of the book is interesting and makes the book multi-dimensional. This layered structure is effective and adds to the lesson-guide element of this book. The book's content is timeless and the assigning of pearl-like qualities to the principles being discussed does give those principles the transcendental nature that the authors were going for.

I most love how the book demonstrates that all it takes to living a fantastic life is learning to change one's mindset about adversity. What I liked least about the book was the short stories the author's used to bring about the points for discussion. Most of the short stories clearly brought out the points being addressed in the chapter, but others were a bit ambiguous.

I recognize in this book great potential for helping persons of all ages to find purpose in their lives. The lessons contained within are noble and enlightening. This book appears to have been professionally edited as I did not encounter any errors. Also, there is no profanity neither is there any erotic content. Persons struggling with adversity or persons simply seeking to add hope and meaning to their life will find reading The Secrets to Living a Fantastic Life worthwhile. I therefore rate this book a four out of four stars.

The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life...
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

This might be the book I am looking for, to help myself.
Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”