Review by NGM15 T+ -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NGM15 T+
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngm15-t.html
Latest Review: An Imperfect Crime by Fred G. Baker

Review by NGM15 T+ -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by NGM15 T+ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Empowered: The Business Owner’s Guide to Leadership and Success by a renowned bestselling author Dominica Lumazar is an interesting toolkit for upcoming entrepreneurs, leaders, and aspiring executives and business owners who are keen to hone their leadership skills and take their business to the next level. The book is partitioned into three chapters which are: Leading For Success, Business Value, and Business Clarity. The author talks about the fundamentals of leadership, the effects of our intuition and empathy on one’s work, balancing work and life, branding and marketing, habits of an effective leader, and remaining accustomed to the course as a leader.

At the beginning of the first chapter, the author takes us through her personal journey from childhood giving the reader a snippet of how her background and life experiences propelled her to be the business owner and leader she became. She launched her career in the food industry after her accident and latter own went on to do music which she later used to follow her passion in marketing. The author shares the tough lessons which the business world taught her overtime during her journey as an entrepreneur which has given her the courage and zeal to help others through this book.

The manner in which the author used her humble beginnings and practical examples in her line of work as a marketing consultant captured my interests as the story was quite inspiring. The use of jargon related to leadership and the field of marketing is a clear testimony that the author was really sharing her experiences and has a deeper understanding of the business life which all makes the story genuine and worthy reading. I enjoyed every part of the book as I found the content quite valuable and relatable. What I also liked about this book is the nature in which the author overcame her challenges in life and made bold decisions to turn her life around. She provides an important role-model to those who are still making inroads in finding their path in life and those who have taken entrepreneurship as a preferred journey.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not come across any typos or grammatical errors that show that the book was professionally edited. The author did thorough research and took ample time in putting down the important nuggets about leadership. The writing style used by the author is flawless, it makes the story easy to follow and understand. It was really hard to put down and I must say this book really boosted my confidence and changed the way I look at life in general.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for inspiration in life, those who want to be entrepreneurs, and those who are already entrepreneurs. This book is really a must-read for those who hold leadership positions and any aspiring executives. Irrespective of age, class, or religion I can safely reiterate that this book is suitable to every reader.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”