Review by Onyinye_Favour -- How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinye_Favour
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-favour.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Onyinye_Favour -- How To Be Successful

Post by Onyinye_Favour »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book is all about how to be successful in life. It is an inspirational and motivating book. The book is written based on the author personal experiences and narratives of people who determined to succeed. It is a book based on real life experience. Each story is relevant to the message the author is passing across.

M. Curtis McCoy is American entrepreneur, business development expert, influencer, author, and keynote speaker. At age 27 he became a very successful young man not until 2010, he was diagnosed with brain cancer and given only but 60-70 days to live. He never got weighed down neither did he claim ownership of the sickness. Through his positive outlook to life, he fought against daily grand seizures, recurring memory issues and Type-1 Diabetes.

This book is a self reflecting book. I almost cried at the beginning of the book as the author began to narrate his ordeal in life. It is emotion provoking. A provocation unto success. A provocation unto determination, perseverance, and focus. The book feel so real. It feels as though I'm having a face to face conversation with the author. One of the tools employed by the author in achieving this is the use of rhetoric questions. The story kept me turning the pages.

As the book is centered on success and all it entails, the following definitions of success is found in the book; Success is setting a goal and reaching it, constant progress, realization of worthwhile dream, doing things that make you come alive, never giving up, doing things that improves the life of others and makes you truly happy. Success is defined at each point of one's life.

The author pointed out the steps to success such as, identifying problem and solving it, have a positive outlook to life, be open minded, be a risk taker, positive confessions and never claiming ownership of misfortune.

I enjoyed this book and would read it over and over again. The book is well structured, written, and edited. The author never fail to give the names of the sources of his story, this made the book more authentic and legit. The book is for general audience. Although, there are few scriptural references in some chapters of the book which made it more appealing to Christians. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I rate it so because of its coherency.

This book is an answer to many human questions about success. I recommend it to everyone. If you are currently experiencing some difficulties in your life or you know someone who is, kindly recommend this book to them. If you are passionate to succeed the book is for you.

How To Be Successful

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”