Review by Lina-Hammami -- The Secrets To Living A Fanta...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lina-Hammami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lina-hammami.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Lina-Hammami -- The Secrets To Living A Fanta...

Post by Lina-Hammami »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life..." by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When an irritant finds its way within an oyster, it shields itself by coating the irritant with a fluid. A layer after a layer, the most exquisite pearl out of danger, is formed.

From that standpoint, Dr. Allen Lycka and Harriet Tinka epitomized their life-altering lessons in their book, The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life. They bestowed their stories, memories, and enlightenments to record the 13 golden pearls of delightful living.

At the inception of the book, both the authors narrated the life-changing experiences that brought them closer to death. Dr. Allen was misdiagnosed with ALS and was informed that he barely had six months outlasting to exist. Harriet, who was once a runway model, was savagely wounded by her colleague, and the incident provoked her a long-lasting trauma. While brutally in collapse, both the writers endured to grow from ashes and rouse their new lives empowered with their backgrounds, determined to instruct others how to bloom and find the purpose of life.

The chapters were gaily designed, commencing with a briefed moralistic story accompanied by a conversation about the pearl, its meaning, significance, and how to obtain it. Each chapter contained one pearl, with a bonus one at the end.

I was fascinated by the spontaneous style they employed throughout the book despite the amount of information it held. The 13 pearls are easily digested moreover, a delight to read. I also cherished the short stories at the beginning of each chapter as they added a fun spirit to the book and complimented its ideas.

Furthermore, relating some parts of the book with the current COVID-19 pandemic was extraordinarily ravishing. It was useful to find a new dimension to the crisis we are all living, reviewing our lives, and create a significant change to the best.

On the other hand, the conversation style chapters were to my disliking. Although it implemented a humorous light vitality to the book, I couldn't prevent myself from believing it was a screen written work for broadcast. Over and above, the repetition in certain events like the writers' significant memories of Dr. Allen was misdiagnosed, and Harriet stalked and stabbed felt unendurable. Especially when Harriet extensively recounted her traumatic experience at the Fear chapter.

All in all, the book was well written. It included beneficial knowledge and practical approaches to harvest the golden pearls. Although I couldn't digest the conversation formed chapters, I believe other readers may favor that style of books. Most importantly, my dislikings didn't overwhelm my admiration for the book and the writers for providing this worthy information. For this, I rate this book a 3 out of 4 and will be delighted to read and learn more about The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life.

The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life...
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”