Review by Erin M -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Erin M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-m.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review by Erin M -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Erin M »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery is the autobiography of an entrepreneur who is very ambitious and driven from a young age. He takes a lot of risks which are, of course necessary for anyone who wants to achieve even remotely remarkable things. After a lot of success in various business ventures, he has what you might call an epic failure. His determination to come out ahead is almost self destructive as he goes deeper and deeper in debt. When faced with seemingly devastating ruin, he refuses to give up on what he had previously determined was going to work out.

My favorite element of this book was just how real and relatable it felt. A common problem for someone who knows without a doubt they can accomplish something, is that a lot of other people will not see it the same way. I also like the focus on his family life and interesting childhood. The author also touches on a lot of social injustice issues which are still very relevant and comparable to today.

There are a lot of core values and good lessons to be found in this book, like treating people as equals regardless of status or their past. This is exemplified by his treatment of the tenants who live within his own apartments. Becoming involved in efforts to reduce the crime rate and ensuring employment opportunities for convicted felons are just a couple examples.

So to anyone who likes autobiographies or motivational stories of human perseverance, this book should really be in your reading list. There was nothing that I disliked about this book. It was interesting enough to hold my attention because I couldn't wait to see what kind of trouble he would get himself into next. And most importantly, how he would get out of the aforementioned trouble. The inclusion of pictures was good and helpful. In an autobiography the more pictures the better.

I highly recommend Burn Zones and I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. There was only one grammatical error that I found, but otherwise it was very well edited. There are some instances of profanity throughout. Some people may take offense at this or simply just not want to read anything with occasional swearing, although for me personally it was not an overwhelming issue. This was a clearly well written book, with a lot of thought and effort put into it. I can safely say that writing this book was one of the author's better decisions in life.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

I love when authors touch on subjects surrounding social injustices as it represents an opportunity for the reader to continue learning about them. It seems like the author did an excellent job with this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”