Official Review: Hope of Glory by Scott White

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nkoo
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Official Review: Hope of Glory by Scott White

Post by Nkoo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hope of Glory" by Scott White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

At one time or another, every one of us has expressed the hope that the outcome of a particular event would be favorable. Sometimes, the fulfillment of our hopes is entirely out of our control. In Hope of Glory: Filling Yourself with the Promises of God by Scott White, the author takes readers through the scriptures. He examines Bible personalities and personalities in the secular world who have shown unwavering virtues, particularly hope and how they emerged, either hopeful or hopeless.

In this book, Scott White shares a vibrant Bible message of hope according to Paul as contained in 1 Corinthians 13:13 NKJV as follows, "Now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." He rearranges these virtues and shines the brightest light on the last virtue - Hope. He believes this virtue requires more attention. As captured in parts one-three, the author invites readers to fill their lives with faith, fill their days with love, and fill their hearts with hope. The author further emphasizes that hope has the potential to propel Christians towards their goals; they can achieve this through the application of the promises of God. He further advises Christians to remove their hopes from ephemeral pleasures and place them on Jesus - The Hope of glory.

The author wrote this book in simple English language; anyone can read and understand it. It is presented from a first-person standpoint and has a friendly tone. Its layout is orderly. Each chapter opens with Biblical and philosophical quotations relevant to it. He was not preachy in his presentation; he merely shared his views and substantiated them with Bible quotations. His conclusions were reasonable. Expectedly, it contains many Bible quotations. Some chapters contain practical exercises; I attempted them and learned a lot from them. It also contains some footnotes. Readers will find this book relatable, just as I did.

I like the fact that White is well-suited to author this book, given his background as a teacher, a preacher, a Bible scholar, and a minister of God’s word. It appears to be well-researched; he draws insights from several sources to drive home his viewpoint. If he did not know the source of any information, he would state so. I liked the profound honesty he displayed in the narration of his personal experiences.

I like the illustration he made about God’s type of forgiveness; I agree with him. The author stated: “When it comes to forgiveness, we often use the first method - we forgive, but the memory is still there. God uses the delete key when He forgives. When it comes to forgiveness, forget the Liquid Paper or erase ribbons. Instead, move into the computer age and use that delete key so that where the error was will now be a blank space, ready to have something new and better added to the story.”

I enjoyed reading the Hope of Glory: Filling Yourself with the Promises of God. However, I think the book should be paginated. It appeared to be professionally edited; I found no errors in it. It contains no profanity or sexual content. For the above reasons, I give the book four out of four stars. I did not award it a lower rating because it is inspiring. I recommend it to everyone, particularly Christians, who are in despair.

Hope of Glory
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Amaraah
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaraah.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Amaraah »

I totally enjoyed this review, a must read for me

Juliet+1
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: Remove After Flight
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Surviving Anstey by Susan Hancock

Post by Juliet+1 »

I wasn't too interested until I got to the quote you provided of the author's views on forgiveness. That is both clever and inspiring. Now I want to read the book. Thanks for a very helpful review. :D

Nath_chuks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nath-chuks.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Nath_chuks »

I like that this book teaches Christians to place their hope on Jesus, and the possibility of achieving ones goal by faith in God. This seems like an interesting read. Great review

Nkoo

Post by Nkoo »

Priyanka2304 wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 01:58
I really enjoyed reading your review. Hoping to read this book some day.
Thanks for your kind comments. Hopefully, you'll find it inspiring as well.

Nkoo

Post by Nkoo »

Juliet+1 wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 17:27
I wasn't too interested until I got to the quote you provided of the author's views on forgiveness. That is both clever and inspiring. Now I want to read the book. Thanks for a very helpful review. :D
Thanks, Juliet for your kind words and for dropping by. I'm sure you'll truly be inspired by it.

Nkoo

Post by Nkoo »

Nath_chuks wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 19:12
I like that this book teaches Christians to place their hope on Jesus, and the possibility of achieving one's goal by faith in God. This seems like an interesting read. Great review
Thanks, Chuks for finding time to stop by. It surely is interesting.

Nkoo

Post by Nkoo »

Amaraah wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 03:12
I totally enjoyed this review; a must-read for me
Thanks, Amaraah for your time. I hope you enjoy the book.

Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Job Searching in Pandemic Times
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: Winning the Game of Work by Terry Boyle mcDougall

Post by Vic Chimezie »

I enjoyed reading your review, and am glad you enjoyed reading it. I am sure this book will be of benefit to me. Thanks for the recommendation.

riyosha
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyosha.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by riyosha »

Nice review, but this book is not for me. I'll pass. Thanks :)
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough

amansawla1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by amansawla1 »

I very interested on review ,this book is so interesting i liked the referecing the holy scripicture ,it is very nice ,I really enjoyed on review.

Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Kola+wole »

For christians, Jesus is the only hope. I also like the analogy of using the delete key when forgiveness is involved. Excellent review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”