Review by Arnik -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Arnik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arnik.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Arnik -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Arnik »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newberry is a very inspirational autobiography. It goes through the ups in downs of his life until he is forty-nine years old. The autobiography is mainly centered around his various career ventures that include owning an ice cream truck but also being severely in debt. Jorge Newberry had a lot of knowledge about the roller coaster that life is, and he expresses this idea very well in his book. His life experiences can very much help people who feel like they have hit rock bottom, or have their heads floating in this sky.

I liked the descriptive storytelling done by the author the most. It was very captivating, and I did not want to put the book down for a second. When the author describes the struggles he went through in the story, his tone shows how strong he is, but also the amount of pressure that he put on himself. The ability to relate to his downfalls and growth is extremely remarkable.

I did not dislike anything about this book. I thoroughly enjoyed every chapter because it felt like something new was happening at all times. The fact that the author has no background in literature, but still produced a book that captivates the reader is impressive. The author also tells the story in such a relaxing way, like a story-teller. I am personally not big on autobiographies because they can feel like a person is just showing off, this book did not give off that aura at all.

The most relatable part of the book, for me, is when he talks about his cycling journey. The author specifically mentions how he tried so hard to fit in with the other cyclist, but he still knew he was a loner. He knew that he had to stay calm and focused if he wanted to achieve his goal. He also knew that people come and go but sticking to the mission is most important. This lesson is something that I feel many people could apply in their lives.

I would give this book a 4 out of 4-star rating. I did not see any errors, and the book was extremely fun to read. I would recommend this book for people who are seeking an adventure that isn’t fictional. This book can be an inspiration to so many people and the author does show how one can persevere through absolutely anything.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”