Review by Neishaliz -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Neishaliz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neishaliz.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Neishaliz -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Neishaliz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones is a memoir written by Jorge P. Newbery. He is a respectable entrepreneur, investor, athlete, and author born in Santa Monica, California. He began his career as an author with the publication of Burn Zones in 2015. He did an amazing job on writing this inspirational book and portraying his life. It made me wonder of the infinite possibilities and choices in one’s life.

Newbery wrote about various events in his life starting from his early childhood. He narrated the experiences that shaped him and paved the way to a successful career path. He started with a small job as a newspaper delivery boy and from there began his life as a businessman. In this book Newbery gave a thorough narrative of his life and all of the jobs that he has worked on. This included the ones in which he strived in and the ones in which he encountered more burn zones than others.

He had the courage to do what he wanted. He believed in his capabilities and made his goals come true. Step by step he gained experience, contacts, and good mentors that helped him become a respectable businessman. There were various burn zones in his life, but he worked hard to overcome them. He did everything in his power to achieve what he proposed himself to do. He even shared what was taught to him by his mentors with the readers.

The book contains more than Newbery’s point of view on how to be successful in a business setting. He implemented topics like racism, bullying and social anxiety which he experienced firsthand. I found these recollections of his past to be relatable. These helped me understand more of his character. Newbery even commented on what he thought about the pressure on students and the obligatory stress during education. It was interesting to understand Newberry and his train of thoughts throughout the course of the book and his life.

This book contains no profanities and is adequate for any age group. I rate Burn zones with 4 stars out of 4. What I most like about this book is that it contains various messages and comments on daily struggles. I also liked how Newbery shared his mentor’s advice and lessons. There's nothing that I don't like about this book. I recommend it to everyone and especially to those who are struggling with fear of failure. There may be obstacles in our paths while trying to achieve one’s dreams but every obstacle is just another burn zone to overcome. As Newbery explained, we are our own magic bullet.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”