Official Review: Inside the Mind of a Successful CEO

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Official Review: Inside the Mind of a Successful CEO

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Inside the Mind of a Successful CEO" by David V. Mastran.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As a freelance entrepreneur, my goal is to grow my business to the point where I'd have many people working with me. To do that, I'd need to update my management knowledge and skill regularly — both for my business and the people I'd work with. This was my motivation for opting to read and review Inside the Mind of a Successful CEO by David V. Mastran.

In this book, David draws from his wealth of experience to share vital insights that every manager needs. There are lessons for different categories of managers — unit managers, departmental managers, and senior managers. This 41-chapter book is grouped into five sections. This arrangement makes the book a smooth and seamless read. If you're in any capacity of management, this book is a must-read. This book will also appeal to people who desire management positions in their workplace.

One of the things that stood this book out from the lot was the experience the author brought to the table. David leveraged on the things he had learned as an ex-military officer, CEO of MAXIMUS, and co-owner of QuaverMusic to put together a book that would help business leaders excel in their careers. He laid the right foundation on which he built his thoughts. He went back to the basics, history, and development of management. Anyone who didn't have an idea of management would benefit from this book. David left no stone unturned in giving detailed explanations to management concepts beyond their dictionary definitions. I liked the series of practical questions that would help managers with decision-making. It was a well-put-together book — your shelf would be grateful to receive it.

There were so many things that got to me specifically in this book. However, I'd state one of them for this review. I liked how David explained the five areas managers make mistakes. The mistakes come up either in directing, controlling, understanding people, defining goals, or setting achievable goals. I was connected to this because I believe in learning from my mistakes and that of others.

What I liked most was how pronounced the author's personality was in this book. He used real-life examples and stories from his experiences at MAXIMUS and QuaverMusic to drive home most of his points. This made the book more relatable. Another outstanding thing was the use of graphical illustrations. I was particularly drawn to the pumpkin organizational chart for authority delegation.

I could read this book a thousand times and never get enough of it. It was well written and professionally edited — I didn't find any errors in it. Therefore, I rate it four out of four stars.

Inside the Mind of a Successful CEO
View: on Bookshelves
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

Inside the Mind of a Successful CEO sounds like a book that aims to share insightful and legitimate advice. I enjoyed reading your review, thank you!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

As a freelance entrepeneur myself, I beleive I'd def have to check this book out. Thanks for the insightful review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

A valuable piece indeed. Well-done.
Koketso1998
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koketso1998.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Koketso1998 »

This novel seems like an interesting and educational, I'm most definitely looking forward to reading it
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

It is an interesting factor that the author actually wrote about himself. It requires a lot of self discovery for a person to be able to properly and informatively write about himself or herself, and a greater sense of understanding for one to work effectively in a leadership/managerial capacity.
And, I believe that the five mistakes of managers pointed by the author, would apply to everyone one.
Nice review.
Live and let live, baby.
Tbregman
Currently Reading: Expecting the Good
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tbregman.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tbregman »

Thank you for your review. I appreciate that the author took management concepts and shows how he applies them. This is one I'd like to read.
Glamour92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Glamour92 »

Thank you for an amazing review. This novel seems educational and engaging. I enjoyed reading your review

Good job.
Andilengobese
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Andilengobese »

The book is very interesting and i recommended young children who wants to become successful in businesses
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I think I need to read this book. I really loved the entire concept. Thanks for the amazing review.
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

As a practising entrepreneur,I will read this book.Great review.
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:

Post by gatuguta2030 »

Priyanka2304 wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 22:14 I think I need to read this book. I really loved the entire concept. Thanks for the amazing review.
I agree with you.
riyosha
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyosha.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by riyosha »

Nice review
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Patrick Maina1
Currently Reading: The Power of Habit
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-maina1.html
Latest Review: How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door by Deborah Ann Davis
Reading Device: Moonreader

Post by Patrick Maina1 »

I like your review of this book.It captures what would help managers become successful in management.
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:

Post by gatuguta2030 »

This is a must-read for managers.
The author has gone the extra mile in giving vital lessons for managers.
I will definitely read this book.
Thanks for your good review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”