Review by purplemint -- Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
purplemint
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplemint.html
Latest Review: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life by Lewis Kempfer

Review by purplemint -- Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a...

Post by purplemint »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life" by Lewis Kempfer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A memoir by Lewis Kempfer, his journey through the hells of life, from being in the hands of his abusive father, traumas, negative experiences, low self-esteem, sex, drug abuse to having a relationship with God which helped him find the way out of the endless pit.

A man with a desire to be accepted for who he truly is. An unusual memoir that makes me want to crave for more pages. Lewis did an incredible job describing the dark and horrible scenes which made me burst into tears. This book reminds us how a huge impact parenting can give to our children. This is a must read not just for the adults but also for those people who is in the same situation for this will help you to have faith in God and to never lose hope in life.

The book is heavy and emotional but Lewis' thoughts were humorous which made the book a bit lighter.

It has scenes that were hard and painful to read. I don't really recommend this memoir to those who've gone through different kinds of abuse for it might be triggering but at the same time, it can also be an inspiration and hope to find redemption and heal.

I haven't seen any mistakes and it was professionally written and edited. I give Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life 4 out of 4

Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”